Count down for Cleo~kidded with triplets

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by nubians2, Feb 21, 2011.

1. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

Has anyone taken measurements of their does growing belly during pregnancy? I had a difficult time detecting my does heat cycles since I am a newbie, she is my only doe and I don't own a buck. I leased the buck and kept him til she was well past the date of her next heat cycle and kept track of her measurements. She went up 1.5 inches in a month, so I was just wondering if there were others to compare to. This is her first pregnancy.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: Belly measurements?

Measuring the belly ...to determine pregnancy is difficult...they can be full of gas sometimes and it won't be accurate..... :wink:

3. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

I have been measuring every week same day and after the second feeding. Each week the measurements have gone up from a quarter inch in the beginning to now an inch a week.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I really don't know.... hmm.... :chin: how far along are they?

5. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

I only have one right now that is pregnant. She is 2 months along. I started measuring her a week after she was bred.

Okay I wasn't as exact on measuring every week in the beginning but here they are:

1/14-33"
    1/18-33.5
    2/02-34"
    2/14-34.5"
    2/21-35"
    2/28-36"
    3/07-37"
    3/14-38"
    3/21-39"
    3/28-40"
    4/4-41.5"
    4/11-42
    4/18-43"
    4/25-forgot
    5/3-46"
    5/10~47"
    5/17-48"
    5/23-49.5

6. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington

Measuring the belly doesn't seem like a way to know she is pregnant. I had a mare I swore was pregnant as her belly kept getting bigger, so I fed her more in what wuld have been her third trimester thinking she was pregnant. She wasn't.

Did you notice her come back into season after she was bred/ Did the buck have any interest in her later on?

7. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

She didn't go back into heat. Her belly is up to 40 inches now and I am not increasing her feed. I believe I am feeling fetus movement now. I guess I will let everyone know if it works.

8. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington

Yeah, let me know as it sounds interesting. Of course my pregnant doe wouldn't let me do that!

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I've not done belly measurements to see if there is an increase but have done a measurement on my pygmy doe late in pregnancy only because I was curious to see exactly how big around she was...54 inches and delivered triplets a week later.

Fetal movement can be felt usually at the end of the third month, kids are big enough then to be able to feel kicks on.

10. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

her growing belly :leap: 5 weeks to go-I also updated her measurements in the earlier post.

Attached Files:

• 081.JPG
      081.JPG
      File size:
      62.5 KB
      Views:
    • 054.JPG
      054.JPG
      File size:
      78.9 KB
      Views:
    • 060.JPG
      060.JPG
      File size:
      56.6 KB
      Views:
  11. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

Forming an udder

Attached Files:

• 067.JPG
      067.JPG
      File size:
      67.4 KB
      Views:
  12. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA

I've wanted to do this with my doe that always has quads....think it would be interesteing to follow the growth......however I'm not diligent enough to remember to update week by week! :slapfloor:

Curious to see how big your girl gets and how many she has! Looks like twins to me! :)

13. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

Oh I hope so. She came from triplets. I laugh though because she has another breed in her heritage so her ears dont lay flat. The bigger her belly is getting the farther her ears stick out.

14. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

Re: Belly measurements?~3 weeks to go

Vet came out last friday and tried to do an ultrasound but his machine locked up before he got too far. He said he saw one that was kicking her alot and the amniotic fluid looked good. I wish we hada longer but....

15. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Belly measurements?~3 weeks to go

Babies soon!!!!
    That stinks about the ultrasound machine...at least you know theres one in there!

16. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

Re: Belly measurements- Cleo's got less than two weeks left

She is getting very slow about getting up and down now. I need to do some updated photos now that we are getting closer. Due date is June 5th

17. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

Re: Belly measurements- Cleo's got less than two weeks left

Here are the updated pictures. This morning I started to notice a little discharge. I think I am going to seperate her out this weekend. I have a doe and doeling I need to get to the main pasture, I have been slowly mixing them while supervising. I was waiting til Cleo got closer to her due date to put her in the pen they are in and move the new one to the big area with my wether.

Attached Files:

18. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

Re: Belly measurements- One week til due date

One week to go! Ligs seem to be coming and going, udder a little bigger. I put her in a seperate pen, which she wasn't too happy about at first but is okay now. They are putting the roof on my new addition and then I can move her in there in the next couple of days. I have a doeling I am going to wean so I am putting her in a stall next to Cleo hoping they can keep each other company. My kidding kit is all ready, so I really hope that I can be there when she kids and no problems come up.

19. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

Re: Count down for Cleo~one week til due date

Getting closer. Thick white discharge, pawin,g ground lying down and stretching

20. Re: Count down for Cleo~one week til due date

Soon. :greengrin: