Count Down!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Sybil, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Sybil

Sybil New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Rainier, Oregon
    I have been reading everyone's post and looking at all the cute babies and FINALLY my 2 does will be kidding next weekend! I spent a couple hours filling feeders and putting up a couple kidding pens this morning. The pens are not completely finished but the weather is unbelieveable? here in NW Oregon. The mud is just killing me mentally and physically! I was just looking out the window and seeing beautiful sunshine and the llamas lying down chewing their cud and I thought I should go out and just hang out with the goats and llamas. The next minute the sky is turning black and we have sleet and hail coming down. Our snow just melted from friday. I have to remember that it is March and we still have April showers to go through. I took a week off so I could be around for the kiddings. Now the does just need to be on time. Thanks all for "listening" to my rambles today. I really enjoy this forum and how considerate you all are!
    Have a great day!
    Sue

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    It is supposed to rain most of this week here :( Good luck with your kiddings!!!! You must be really anxious! I can't wait to see the cute little babies your does give you!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I feel bad - it is sunny and mild/cool here and it is to warm up even more tomorrow up into the high 50's.

I wish I had kidding stalls ready. I am so behind on cleaning that it isn't funny! Tomorrow I am going to put the effort into it! It will be an all day chore, thankfully I have the day off.

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I have to wait to clean till I get my fly predators (those things WORK) because I don't want to clean them up after I put them down. There is about 2-2 1/2 feet of wasted hay covering the whole inside the barn. It will definatly be an all day - three person job.

5. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I am soooo ready for summer! I know it's March, April will rain alot here, and my case of SAD requires sunshine! If we can just get to May, I think I'll make it. We had sun and upper 40's this weekend (thank you for the sun, Lord), but it was so windy that it wasn't that "comfy" warm sunshine.

I certainly hope your does kid on time! Let me know if you figure out how to make that happen! LOL Jada is acting ready, but nothing...she's on day 149. Charlotte is on day 150 and she's just acting "fat and sassy".

So, now I'm confined to the farm till these does kid. That's ok, I don't do anything anyway. OK, that's the SAD talking. I'll go now. Good luck.

6. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Oh i know that one Sue, it was snowing here the last two days unbeleivable! I cant wait to see what cally and lyric have for you! So far i only have two kids out of Apex but boy are they lookers!
    beth

7. Sybil

Sybil New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Rainier, Oregon
    Cally is getting pretty wide. Lyric has such a small little itty bitty udder. She is probably one of those that udder up 24 hours before kidding! She better have a decent size of udder for the size of doe she is!
    Sue

8. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

no kidding! she is definatly a big girl. her dam had a preety good sized udder, even though she was small. and lyrics three fourths sister solo had a good sized udder, as far as i could tell i sold her at one months fresh. so she probably just got bigger.
    beth