Count your Blessings

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by getchagoat (Julie), Dec 21, 2007.

1. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Many of us have had ups and downs this past year as we do any year. But all of us have had blessings. I thought it would be nice to see what everyone is thankful for and what blessings they encountered this past year.

1. My husband Brad - they don't get any better than him.
    2. God guided us to our new farm in our same wonderful community.
    3. God gave me a new job.
    4. I'm closer with my family.
    5. Both Brad and I are on the Youth Council at church.
    6. Able to see Christmas in action through friends here at GS - K-Ro helped in getting Badger diagnosed and Liz sent army men for the angel tree child.
    7. My cousin is back in Japan, out of Iraq and she is coming home for Christmas.
    8. Wonderful year with the goats.
    9. Badger is alive, playing, and loving mommy and daddy due to meds in hot dogs. :)
  2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    My moments in history

I am so thankful and happy about the following things this year -

1.) My DH and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary without killing each other - LOL!
    2.) Graduated with my AA degree
    3.) Turned 30 and didn't die! LOL (when I was a kid 30 was SOOO old)
    4.) We were able to find a home in Idaho that we always wished we would have
    5.) I GOT GOATS!!!!!
    6.) I met everyone here on The Goat Spot - where it feels like family
    7.) I was able to make contact with my children and talk with them.
    8.) My grandparents made it through another year!
    9.) Secured an AWESOME job at a higher intitution - with benefits!
    10.) My husband's diabetes is under control!

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH, wow. I am so thankful for a lot of different thins. To many to mention.
  4. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    I am thankful for my family, friends, goats, jobs that I have had but no longer have, the Lord and coming closer to Him. I to survived a year with my husband and both of us are still alive...thank the Lord! I am thankful for our 5 acres and our not so decent mobile home, the food I am able to eat because some go without, that I can spend Christmas with my family and friends. Thankful for TGS, thanksful for Stacey: what a wonderful friend! I am thankful that all of you have joined this site so I can expand my goat family!!!
  5. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Amen! Three 1st anniversaries! (We had ours, too).
  6. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I am thankful everyday for living in a place that I find so beautiful. I have enough this year to keep all the animals healthy and happy. I found out one of my friends who always told me we were the same age is actually a whole year older than I am! I'm thankful I can afford to heat the house and feel warm. I am thankful to have found a new interest- I love goats! I'm thankful that Stacey took the time and effort to make goatspot. And I'm thankful that I'm not yet 60- one more year that I can avoid thinking of myself as ooooold.
    There is more but I think I need to go and check on Dottie again.
  7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    great thread!!

The Lord has been awesome this year.

1) we planned a wedding in 3 months and didn't kill one another, my sister and new husband are getting along great and our family is so much closer now
    2)I graduated Cosmetology School in the spring
    3)I was able to add to my herd and now will have my first registered kid/s this coming spring!
    4) I have a new job and loving it
    5)I am healthy
    6) through circumstances via the web my character was stretched and perfected - I have still far to go.
    7) our home addition and remodeling was completed and my grandmom now lives with us
    8)all my girls are bred for May 2008 kids
  8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Even though I have suffered many hardships and heartbreak this past year, I am so very thankful for

My husband, Eric who has been thru the bad with me
    The Good Lord who only gives what He knows you can "shoulder"
    The fact that I still have my mom in good spirits even though she was widowed "young" at age 49
    Thankful that I know my dad is with me always
    Thankful for the decent hearted family that I work for.
    Thankful that My Erics illness finally got a diagnosis and treatment
    Thankful that I have enough on my plate each day
    Thankful that My Girls are such good listeners when the going gets tough
    Knowing that everyone here on the goatspot is sincere in their words and Thankful that Stacey was able to provide the way for each of us to be here.
    Thankful that I have my sister as my best friend and she has given me a beautiful niece and hasndsome nephew to love as though they were my own.

Congratulations Allison, Julie and Alyssa! The first years are the hardest because you are still getting to "know" each other...the good and the bad.
    Eric and I were together 5 years before we got married...and before our first anniversary we buried my aunt and uncle and Erics uncle and aunt 2 days before our anniversary, believe me if a couple can survive thru a tragedy like this, you will definately have alot of happy years ahead of you.
    We'll celebrate our 10th on 5/30/08