County Line Acres - Waiting Room 2019-‘20

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by CountyLineAcres, Oct 5, 2019.

1. CountyLineAcres

CountyLineAcres Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    This thread will be used as the waiting room for our November 2019 to May 2020 kidding season. We will have 21 ABGA fullblood boer does, 3 ABGA percentage boer does, and a PI fullblood savanna doe kidding!

This is definitely a few weeks ahead of time, but we are making some changes to our barn setup, and I am just too excited! These last few weeks are going to be killing me slowly. We will have our very first WRL2 Grainger’s Zhaitan boer kids hit the ground along with our very first PI fullblood savanna kids in November!

We will have 4 does due November 2019, 10 does due in February 2020, and 12 does due in May 2020.

BUCK LINEUP:

WRL2 Grainger’s Zhaitan (Fullblood Boer)
    IMG_4043.jpg

ACR3 Spotted in the Rockies (Fullblood Boer)
    *He was born and raised on our farm*
    IMG_4042.jpg

Polaris (Fullblood Savanna)
    IMG_4041.jpg

Now onto the does...

FIRST GROUP (4 total - 3 fullblood boers and 1 fullblood savanna):

#1. Due on November 8th is Nova bred to Zhaitan. We saw at least 2 babies on the ultrasound, so we will see what we get when they arrive! She is a first timer and double bred Stargate. *not a recent picture*

IMG_4044.jpg

#2. Also due on November 8th is Prize bred to Polaris. We know she will have at least twins, but she may have up to quads. She’s our doe that didn’t take twice before, so this is all quite special!

IMG_4047.jpg

#3. Due on November 13th is Wicked bred to Zhaitan. She’s kidded once before to a single buck, but I saw either two or three babies this round. We cannot wait! We absolutely love this doe’s maternal line. *not a recent picture*

IMG_4045.jpg

#4. Also due on November 13th is Tux bred to Zhaitan. She kidded as a first timer to quads via our first LAP AI, so we were worried we were going to get quads again. The ultrasound pointed to triplets or quads, so I guess we will have to come to terms with her just being a fertile myrtle.

IMG_5853.jpg

That’s it for the first round! The second in February and the third round in May will be even more busy. Can’t wait to see these babies!

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Pretty girls! You are going to be busy. Good luck!

CountyLineAcres likes this.

3. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Exciting! Can't wait to follow along. Are these all natural covers or AI?

Exciting that Prize took for you! What made you dip into the Savannas?

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  4. CountyLineAcres

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    Thank you! These are all natural covers (we did use CIDRs in June to help with breeding a bit out of season). Zhaitan has been in with 8 other does since last month, and none have come back into heat luckily. Hoping they’re bred, too!

Yes! We were desperate lol. We actually decided to get into the breed a few years back, but there was a huge catastrophe with a very popular buck that wasn’t DNA’ed (even though he died many years ago). All of his progeny became percentage, so it was quite disheartening. We lost a lot of money and decided to sell off all our percentage savannas and keep our only fullblood.

As for why, we really like the look of them. They’re essentially just a white boer goat. We’ve had some boer/savanna crosses and you couldn’t kill them even if you wanted to! I don’t find the fullblood savannas to be much hardier than our fullblood boers.

5. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Oh yes I follow Savanna's a bit and heard about the DNA issue of that buck.

They are super difficult to find around here but there are some vestiges of the original Chris Glynos herd here at a local farm and they are amazing! The breeder has crossed them all with Kiko. I picked up two of his crosses and breed them with my FB Boer bucks and love the results! I agree, the "white Boers" are just so beautiful. Expecially those with some of the silver.

Best wishes for an amazing kidding season!

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Sorry you had a hard time like that.
    Pretty messed up, in so many ways. :(

Nice goats you have, can't wait to see the babies. :)

7. CountyLineAcres

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    Oh yes, the savanna crosses create some awesome roans! We have a red roan, and I’m hoping to get a blue one next year.

Thank you everyone! We still have a lot of work to do, but I just cannot wait any longer. It has been a long several months.

SalteyLove and toth boer goats like this.
  8. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Very beautiful and healthy looking goats! I’m sure you will have stunning kids and can’t wait to see them.

CountyLineAcres and Iluvlilly! like this.
  9. CountyLineAcres

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    Thank you guys so much!

toth boer goats likes this.
  10. spidy1

spidy1 Well-Known Member

OOOOOOO!!! I have an all black Boer buck, now I need an all white one!!!!! :hide: maybe I shouldn't tell Hubby...a girl can dream

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  12. CountyLineAcres

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    I can’t blame you! We have a rainbow of colors here! Kidding season is always like Christmas

toth boer goats, spidy1 and GoofyGoat like this.
  13. Dwarf Dad

Dwarf Dad Well-Known Member

Good luck and best wishes to your November kidding. Great looking bucks and does!
    Those Savannahs do look interesting.:)

14. CountyLineAcres

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    IMG_4124.jpg

Updated picture of Wicked. 5 weeks tomorrow until her due date!

15. Noisy Bottle Babies

Noisy Bottle Babies Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    Now I definitely know who to go to for my tan and black dappled she is such a beauty dang it if only I lived near you I would go look at what you have lol

16. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

She is one stocky girl! Good luck!

17. CountyLineAcres

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
  18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California