County Line Acres - Waiting Room 2019-‘20

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by CountyLineAcres, Oct 5, 2019.

1. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  2. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Oh my goodness. .. again so beautiful! Dice is Beautiful. She has really blossomed. The first doe.with the black face, deep red and tan. Is that a paint or dapple? is she quad colored? She is amazing. I always enjoy looking at your beauties. They are very impressive
    Just wow!
    Now...wheres the bred does? With prego shots? Waiting to see your up & coming...

3. Noisy Bottle Babies

Noisy Bottle Babies Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    Yep moms sick of the cold weather lol we don't have an exact date of when we move but sometime next year probably

4. Iluvlilly!

Iluvlilly! Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Lol I don't blame her, it sure does get chilly!

5. CountyLineAcres

CountyLineAcres Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    Thank you all so much! It is so very appreciated!

LOL luckily that shine is all them! I love to see it! They'll be losing that glossiness once those fuzzy winter coats come in.

We always welcome visitors! Our small farm isn't anything crazy special, but we've definitely worked hard with the genetics we've created!

We have to preg check the girls and see when they're due! We were going to have 8 kidding in January but about half came back into heat this month. I am so sad! We are going to have a crammed barn while it's flooding outside in the spring. We should have 22 total kidding from Jan to May - ALL but 4 are going to be bred (or are bred) to Zhaitan. The other 4 are bred to Zhaitan sons.

Thank you! She is a dapple! She was actually black when born and lightened to a dark mahogany and black. She had grey and white dapples when she was born, and the grey lightened to a cream. Some people call them "tri-colors" but I don't. Here is her as a baby... she has definitely matured fantastically:
    106539924_275068533720973_7116643781520859176_n.jpg

She is the one in the middle here:
    122080459_869188040282153_2321240072703128812_n.jpg

6. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Wow..she has really filled out and basically changed colors. Just Beautiful!
    Thanks for all the information. I always look forward to see what you bring into this world.

7. Gooseberry Creek

Gooseberry Creek Active Member

Jun 3, 2020
    Florida
    Omg you make me want one so bad and I only have dairy goats!! lol.. They are all so beautiful I am really partial to that dark dapple coloring.

Does it take more property to raise Boers as opposed to Lamanchas and Nigerian Dwarfs? Hmmm

8. CountyLineAcres

CountyLineAcres Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    Thank you so much!

It depends on how you want to raise them. If you want to dry lot them, you don’t need as much space as someone that is raising them off of pasture only.

9. Gooseberry Creek

Gooseberry Creek Active Member

Jun 3, 2020
    Florida
    We are around 4 acres but I would prob only have an 1/2 acre for Boer goats, if I seriously decided to get some, due to all our other animals. We would probably have to put up another barn too.
    We are planning to move to bigger property but haven't found the right one yet.