Couple of Blitzen's kidding pics

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by gotgoats, Nov 19, 2008.

1. gotgoats

gotgoats New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    I got a couple of pics when Blitzen kidded with her 2 does. I thought I would share. This was my first actual birth to see. I found everyone else's pics helpful plus some videos helpful off of youtube about the correct presentation and the process leading up to kidding.
    First pic is of the first doe with 2 hooves showing:
    Second pic is of the 2nd doe head showing. I don't know exactly how she presented I couldn't see, but it was quick. I do have a question, the 2nd bubble there what was that? She only had 2 kids
    3rd pic of 2nd doe being born:
    I am going to try to get some baby pics today and post them, finally!!! They are both doing so well.
  2. Candy

Candy New Member

Great pics! Thanks for sharing
    Candy :sun:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    awww...a new life.. :love: ..precious moment ...thank you for sharing with us... :)
  4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Great piccies! The second bubble is from the first kid...after the sac broke it's still attached to mom til she delivers the after birth, what you see is just a bit of amniotic fluid that was left in the membranes.

Glad to hear those babies are doing well...congrats!
  5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    What wonderful pictures~ Thanks for sharing!
  6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Wow, those are some great pics...I would love to do a birthing pic presentation for my website, but I always help when they're out so I never get a chance to. Maybe I can get someone to hold the camera next time. Anywho...thanks for sharing!
  7. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Great pictures of the birthing! It gave me a warm feeling just seeing a new life coming into this world... and makes me anxious for my upcoming kiddings... I want new babies too! :)
  8. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Thank you for posting. I keeping hoping that if I look at all these pictures before my goats kid I won't freak out! :p

Btw, your pictures are amazingly clear. I love the one with the feet.