cow patty poop

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by cdtrum, Oct 29, 2009.

1. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Came home to find Elwood has cow patty poop! His temp is fine, I had just wormed them on Monday with Ivermectin, because of possible mites......ran fecal tonight using what berries I could get out of cow patty.....didn't see anything, but I don't know about running fecal with his messy poop! He still wants to eat and acts fine.........the boys have been eating their weight in leaves coming off the tree.....could it be too much of a good thing? Is there anything I should do, or wait and see if it shall pass? I did give him some probios......wasn't sure if I should give pepto, MOM, I also have powder slippery elm....don't know the dose for it..
    any suggestion are appreciated! Denise

2. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    He probably just over-indulged in leaves or some other browse. As long as he's not acting "off" I would leave him be and check his poo tomorrow.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I would give him Pepto - like 6ccs and then tomorrow see if everything returns to normal. Sometimes they overeat something and with all the fall leaves he could have eaten more then normal.

4. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thank you guys sooooo very much!
    Denise

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree .....they tend to get clumpy or scour.. when they eat to much of something... that there systems aren't use to.... :wink:

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Yep...too many of those yummy leaves, Unless he starts acting off I'd let him clear up on his own, if no berries or clumps by now, then a dose or 2 of pepto will help. :wink:

7. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Well, today Mr.Elwood is slowly getting back to berries.......I feel like a bad mom, I took them whole bucket of leaves into their inside pen yesterday because of the weather and they couldn't get outside and on top of that the leaves were a bit wet......won't be doing that again! Elwood is my piglet and I'm sure he was gobbling them up fast as he could to keep the other boys from getting any.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    just offer them a small amount at a time and work them up to more......thats how I do it

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am glad... they are returning to normal again.....a little at a time ...mom ... :wink: ... by the way.... you are not a bad mom....they tug at our heart strings and when you see ...they like something and enjoying it.......we forget that... they may scour...from eating alot of it..... You are not the only one ...that has done that... :doh: :wink: :greengrin: