Coyote Night Acres - Ping Kidded twins

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Coyote Night Acres, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    This is ping :wink:

The kicker with ping is that I never saw the breeding and never caught her in heat. (kept buck with doe's) :doh: The only thing I did see was a messy tail (dried wet stuff) so I wrote that day down on the calendar and I'm using that as my breeding date. She may be more like Day 134 though so I'm watching her close. Oh and she's a FF two year old. She was supposed to be bred when we bought her as a yearling, but nope we got the raw end on that and she was open. We never caught her in heat so I was a little worried that she had something wrong with her and thats why she didn't settle as a yearling, but then this udder came along and she's getting a second chance. :laugh:

She got a hair cut and I took some pics.

Attached Files:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Ping Day 132

Looking good!! I hope she lets you know when she's ready to go!

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Very cute little udder growing. :thumb:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I agree... :thumb: :hi5:

5. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Ping Day 133-135

Ping is so uncomfortable! I don't know, but I think she may have twins. she groans when she lays down. So far she's just been her typical sweet self though so we have a bit of time to go still. :)

6. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Ping Day 140-143

Ligs are still hard udder slowly growing everyday. coming along like she should

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I love seeing FF udders grow, something that always intrigued me :laugh:

I hope she doesn't decide to go the same time as Yvonne! You'll definately be :hair: and :GAAH: then!

8. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Oh, yeah but I'm thinking Yvonne looks much closer than ping unless things change quickly which is highly possible.

9. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Ping Day 142-145

Pings looking about the same maybe just a little bigger in udder, her poop has gone kinda soft though.

10. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Ping Day 145-147

Last one for february is ping, "so come on ping let's get this done already".

This pic is of her udder about day 142 or 143. [attachment=0:3b97xfuj]Ping day 143.jpg[/attachment:3b97xfuj]
    she's grown a little bit more, but not any sudden fill or anything. I'm really ready for her to get this kid out so I'll be done with kidding untill around April 14th. It's funny you wait and wait for kids just wishing kidding season would hurry up and be here, now that it is here you are ready for it to be done so you can relax a bit. Ping also hasn't been able to lift her tail very well for a couple days, but ligs are still there. Her tail just goes off to the side.

We have put everyone on to a bottle now including the 2 and 3 week old kids that have been dam raised up to this point. The moms are much better to milk without kids on them. surprisingly moms didn't have too much of a fit over kids being gone either. :scratch:

Attached Files:

11. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Ping Day 145-147

Looking good! Her udder looks like it is coming along nicely!

Tracy

12. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Ping Day 149-152

Well, it happened today I went out and her ligs were gone! :wahoo:
    So looks like tonight will probably be the night. I'll keep and eye on her throughout the day and check to make sure the ligs don't suddenly appear again, but she has had consistantly hard ligs this whole time and now they are gone, so I don't think they will be changing back. I'm excited but I'll be leaving today sometime to get some grooming supplies for my dog grooming and I need a couple things to refresh the kidding kit. I just hope she doesn't get any funny ideas about waiting till the truck leaves and hop into overdrive to get the kids out. She's really been quite comfy so I think it will be late late tonight/early morning.

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Ping Day 149-152 (Ligs Gone)

awesome :)

hope all goes well

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Happy kidding.... :thumb: :hug:

15. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Well the update: Last night after the milking chores were done I checked her ligs again just to make sure they were still gone and they were back! Her udder is filling though and the baby is kicking at her udder instead of out the sides. This morning her ligs were still there so I have no idea when this doe is going to go. She's at 150-153 days today just no signs of her going into labor anytime soon.

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

note: dont check ligs after they pee because they tend to feel looser to gone during this time in pregnancy.

Sometimes they just come and go as their body is preparing

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

note: dont check ligs after they pee because they tend to feel looser to gone during this time in pregnancy.

Sometimes they just come and go as their body is preparing

18. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

:GAAH: Ligs are gone again :hair:

Her udder has really filled today, on the verge of being strutted. I'm just not sure when she's going to go at this point. She's following the doe's code on this one. I'm just so darn nervous about this girl, she's a FF and huge. The kid has been very strong and active and I fear it's a big buckling in there, the last big buckling we had was a difficult pull so I just have to be there for this and it would help if she would give me some for sure signs.

19. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Ping Day 151-154 (She's in Labor)

She's started the first stages of labor. Pacing around, looking at her tummy, nesting, just a couple pushes probably just contractions. She just layed down, every now and then her tummy will contract but we are not to the hard pushing stage just yet.

20. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Ping Day 151-154 (She's in Labor)

Won't be long!!! :)