Coyote Night Acres/ Yoppe Kidded! kidding season done.

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Coyote Night Acres, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    I know April is a long ways away..... but a couple of my girls due then are getting huge :shocked:

I've been doing kidding threads one doe at a time, but I think I'm just going to bundle all the April girls up on this one thread since we have 4 due then. Still waiting on the February girls :lol:

So here we go!

First up in April is Wee One due 4/14/11 she will be a 5th freshener I beleive. Bought her back in the fall previouse owner said she had twins last year bred to the same buck for this year. I'm thinking twins again :wink:

Next is Yoppe due 4/16/11 she will be a 3rd freshener and is a half sister to Yvonne who I'm waiting to kid anyday now. Had yoppe bred to a CH buck and I'm praying for Girls. Previouse owner said she had twins last year, Looks like a single to me right now, but we still have a couple months to go.

Then we have Wyoming (this is the one I worry about) She is a half sister to Wee One and is due 4/20/11 Bought her in the fall with wee one and the buck they are bred to. Previouse owner said she had triplets last year bred to the same buck this year and I fear she is going to have triplets again this year. I say fear, because I've barely gotten my feet wet with kidding goats and there is more of a chance for issues with multiple kids. :help: I was feeling her belly and she deffinately had a kid up over her rumen on the left side as well as kids packed into the right side. She already waddles and she's still got over two months to go. Poor girl :(

Last for april is Twinkle she's stunted, but bred to a smaller buck due 4/23/11
    This will be her first freshening.

Attached Files:

2. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Re: Coyote Night Acres April Kidding Thread

Wee One's pic wouldn't load on the first post so here it is and one of Wee One and Wyoming together

Attached Files:

3. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Just waiting for my last girl for february to kid should be any day now then we turn our focus to these girls.

Wyoming doesn't scare me quite so much now, she must have totally had a pig out day cause she doesn't look as big as that now. I'm at least going to see twins out of her and triplets are a real possability still as she has some time to go. She also just started showing signs of udder developement which puts her right on the time line I've got for her. Since I'm keeping two bucklings already I'm praying for doe's out of her, wee one and yoppe. Wee one is making a bit of udder too, just the start. I'm so excited to see the udder on both wee one and wyoming :greengrin: I was told when I bought them in the fall that they were big udder girls and that they had amazing udders. He wished they had been in milk at the time of sale to show me, but I just took his word for it and bought them. I do know for 5 year old doe's they are well attached.

4. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

The girls are getting closer! :cool:
    Cameral died when uploading pics so I didn't get everyones pic up. I did get twinkles udder and wyomings udder. Oh and my guardian hehehe, well she thinks she's a guardian (She stays up at the house with us :doh: ) Wyomings udder is looking nice and for a 5th freshener I'm so excited to see how it fills it's just now starting.

Attached Files:

5. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

I'm drooling over wyomings udder! I'll see about getting some pics tomorrow or the next day. Baby Bellies can be seen on all four of my gilrs. I did however sell Chapa. I figured since she wasn't due till May 23rd I'de be safe to move her now and I'm not going to need her milk after all since my milk buyer flaked out on me. So anyway, I'm expecting twins on wee one, twins on yoppe (pray for girls), and twins or trips on wyoming, and lastly a single on twinkle. They are looking great so far and we are down to 2-3 weeks for all of them. I'm so excited, but have to get a new barn camera because the lightning struck a tree out by the barn and seems to have fried the cam. I already have one ordered just hope it gets here soon.

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

What pretty girls! Looks like they're coming right along...I hate waiting for kids to arrive though!

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Wee One has an amazing extension of brisket! Very nice balance on her, I'm sure the expected delivery's will go very well and sending happy kidding vibes your way :hug:

Udders are looking good too.... I'd love to see how they fill out for you as well as the reason they do! Can't wait to see those babies :stars:

8. rrooster76

rrooster76 New Member

Jan 29, 2011
    East Central Minnesota

I have a FF alpine due on 4/26.. I've been worried about her size, so was happy to see your Twinkle is similar to her. I saw her bred several times and a couple weeks apart so she has to be bred. I don't think her udder is quite that big yet though. I've been thinking single kid for her. Who knows..
    Good luck with you babies ;)

9. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Yeah liz wee one is a stretch limo all the way around. We joke about her having boer in her cause of how thick she is. She is purebred lamancha though.(The only think I don't like about her udder right now is her teat structure seems to be on the smaller side) we have a ways to go yet though.

Rooster Twink is def a stunted little fart and thats my fault. She was our first bottle baby and I used powdered milk on her. To add to that I didn't really know much about cocci prevention and she ended up with a bad case of that. I've learned a lot since that all and actually got her to grow a bit more to where she is now. I know she will always be small though. Her dam was a 2 gallon milker so thats probably why she has more than your doe. I just hope it doesn't drag the ground some day because of how short her legs are. I was careful to choose a smaller buck for her and I have faith in the lord that the kidding will go okay.

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Nice Does... can't wait ...to see the kiddo's... :thumb:

11. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Here are some pics I took today. Will get wee ones udder pic on the next post 5 attatchments is the limit it says.

Attached Files:

12. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Yoppe's udder doesn't look like much yet. I had a little buckling and his mom out with these girls and I caught him nursing her or at least trying so I freaked out and pulled him up as quick as I could. I hope this doesn't effect her too much.

And then here is wee ones udder pic. Coming along but still little teats

Attached Files:

13. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Today is:
    Day 140 for Wee One
    Day 138 for Yoppe
    Day 136 for Wyoming
    and Day 131 for Twinkle

I'm getting excited, but I'm so afraid my barn cam won't be here by the time Wee One gets ready to go. That will mean multiple barn checks and me almost camping out there when the time comes. The lightning zapped my last one when it hit a tree close to the barn. I'm going to start lig checking wee and yoppe from here on out.

14. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

8 Days till wee one's due. I can't wait. Oh the camera is here, just got to get it down in the barn, so yippee.

15. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

All are coming along nicely!! I wouldn't stress over Wee's teat size too much as they can change dramatically once she freshens and they get "used". She looks good though at this point.

Exciting that you have just little more than a week to wait!

16. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Update:

Wee One (end of day 143) is in such a bad mood. She doesn't want ligs checked and will get up from laying down just to go run off Wyoming (Wy was always her best bud) :scratch: She also seemed a bit uncomfortable today, scratching her tum looking back at it etc.... she just doesn't have much room in there for them and it shows. All eyes are on her now and I put her up in the stall tonight just so she gets used to it and I can monitor her behavior. :thumbup:

Yoppe (end of day 141) is doing about he same still. She deffinately is uncomfortable she grunts while laying down. So deff twins out of her :pray: :kidred: :kidred:

Wyoming (end of day 137) is doing good, udder coming in so nicely. You would think she is due first by her udder growth. A little more each day. I just looked at my calender and she isn't due till the 20th Don't know why I thought she was due the 18th, but she still has a bit to go by my calender. Think I'm going to be doing some full body hair cuts with a close to 90 degree day coming up. Wy has so much hair :shocked:

Twinkle (end of day 134) her udder is looking so good, I'll have to get some udated pics soon. For a FF she sure is getting a good sized udder already.

So that's whats going on with everyone. After these girls I'm done with kidding. I'm excited to see all the kids out of these girls.

17. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Sounding great.... :thumb: :hi5:

18. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Wee one is starting to show some early signs. Her tummy is hurting her, so maybe some contractions. Her udder is not filled but she is softened around her tail head. Curling her lip up, scratching her tummy. Saw her lay out flat a couple times while looking at her tum. She kinda has me in this, could just be discomfort or could be early labor signs stage.

I'll update if anything changes.

19. Re: Coyote Night Acres April Kidding Thread

I understand completely who excited you are! I hope everything goes smoothly! :pray:

20. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

we still have at least a couple days to go on wee. It was hot and she was miserable. It hurts her to lay down so that's why it looked like early signs. Her udder is still..... well not filled. Wyoming isn't due till the 20th and has a bigger udder than her. Of course she may just be a late filler, I don't have any background kidding info on either of them. Yoppe I think even has more than her at this point.

Wee one - day 146
    Yoppe - day 144
    Wyoming - day 140
    Twinkle - day 137