Coyote Night Acres - Yvonne kidded twins Pictures added

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Coyote Night Acres, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Mysti kidded a nice little doeling for us, so It's time to start the waiting thread for the next one. Yvonne is due the 23rd of this month (150 days) and has been working on her udder since January. Finaly this is not a FF, I need a break from FF's right now. :ROFL:

This will be her 3rd kidding. I think her previouse owner said she had twins last year, so I'm expecting the same this year. :pray: :kidred: :kidred:
    She just turned 3 years old this month. Anyway her cha cha has started getting some puffy to it and she is still trying to fill up that udder. She dried flat as a pancake, so she's coming along with her udder now. Just shortly after her we have Ping (Alpine) and I'm not 100% on her due date because what I went off of was when I seen a messy tail since I never caught her in heat or the buck breeding. So we may up her date a little since her udder is coming in pretty quick just have to wait and see. She's a FF though :doh:

I'll get some pics coming in the next couple days. May hold off to shave her though since the weather is going to turn cold cold cold this week.

2. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Yvonne 17 days to go

These are what I took yesterday. :greengrin:

Attached Files:

3. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL

She looks like one of my alpines minus the ears. LOL. She's a doll. Looks like we might have babies at the same time!

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Nice udder!! I bet twins too...she's looking pretty deep and wide. :wink: :kidred: :kidred:

I have a 5th freshener due the same day....maybe my Binkey and your Yvonne will decide to go the same time :whatgoat:

5. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio

Pretty girl :) Nice udder coming in,and I'm gonna bet twins to

6. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Yvonne 12 days to go

Yvonne is coming along nicely. Tomorrow I'm gonna give her a birthing clip, probably go up on her tummy quite a bit too so we don't get so much hair in the milk when we start milking her. I'm excited about her not being a FF, I'm getting tired of little teats and kicking feet :laugh:

Ping is coming along well too, she's kinda leveled out on udder growth, so I'm thinking my date I seen a messy tail is pretty darn close maybe a day or two off, but not much more than that. She'll get a clipping to :wink: unfortunately she's a FF too. Dairy does all got to start somewhere right?

Anyway I need twin doelings so bad from Yvonne. Ping can have a little buck if she wants to although a girls is prefered, but Yvonne can not have bucks I want daughters out of her so so bad. :angel2:

:pray: :kidred: :kidred: :kidred:

7. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Yvonne Day 139

Got her hair cut done :GAAH: there is so much hair in my feed room :GAAH: She was a wooly thing for sure. So I snapped a few pics to give a good reference of what she looks like at this stage. She's on day 139 today the sleepless nights will be starting soon. :doh:

Attached Files:

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

:drool: Very NICE!! I bet she doesn't go to 151!

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

HeHe...I agree.... :hi5:

10. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Yvonne was acting a little off this evening. I'm not sure whats up with her yet, she's only at 139 days so she has at least another 5-6 days. Checked her ligs just to be sure and they are still hard, she just kinda picked at her feed and was looking at her tummy with a terrible look. I'll check her again later this evening

11. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

She still has hard ligs, but standing up a lot and looking at her tummy. She just has a bad look like she's in pain. I don't know what's up with her, but I'm keeping an eye on her. I just realized that she will be at day 140 tomorrow so if she does decide to kid early she should be far enough along now that the kids will have developed lungs.

12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

The kids are big enough at this point that their moving around can cause her discomfort, they're running out of room.

13. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Thanks liz, I feel a little better now knowing that they can get like this at the end. I've only had experience with FF and singles up to this point, so this is new to me. She's been standing all evening, she shares a large kidding stall with ping my other doe due in a couple weeks and ping has been sleeping in the hay like normal, but Yvonne is standing by the wall. I just pray she waits a little longer so they are not early.

14. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Yvonne Day 140

She stayed up most of the night last night. Early this morning she finally decided to give it up and get some rest :ZZZ: Throughout the day she's been laying down quite a bit. She looked a lot better this morning, I don't know for sure but I'm thinking she must have had a kid pushing on things to cause her pain. She went to her food like normal today and ate well :cake:

I did the sniff test and she was normal smelling. Hopefully doe's, :pray: :kidred: but so far on the sniff test, I've had 1 right on with the smell and 1 wrong so you just never know.

I did however notice while she was laying down she lifted her leg a little and then wagged her tail while it was clamped to her cha cha. I don't think we are going to make it to 150 days, so I'm just keeping an eye on her. I have her on camera. Haven't checked ligs this evening yet, but they were still there this morning.

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Praying.. it all goes well.... :hug: :pray:

16. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

I just got back in from checking her ligs for the night. They are still hard, so we're good for tonight. She's eating like a cow right now though :laugh:

Also a note on the wagging tail clamped to her cha cha, Ping her stall buddy who is approx 133-135 days along is doing it as well, so must be discomfort or something.

All should be good for tonight though, she looks a lot better is eating well and she got some rest throughout the day. :thumbup:

17. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Yvonne Day 141

Yvonne's udder has been filling pretty consistantly the past couple days. Ligs still hard and she hasn't had anymore of those off days. I'm getting so excited about her kids Praying for doelings.

18. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Glad to hear all is well :) And here's hoping and praying you get some nice doelings from your girl!!! I know the excitement, 3 girls are showing signs of getting closer and I am really excited too!

19. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Hope your girls have easy textbook kiddings. We get to share the excitement, the waiting game is brutal. I wish she would go this week, the weathers been mild. My luck we will get another cold snap when she decides it's time to kid. Oh well, we kidded in the blizzard so we can handle a little cold if it comes.

20. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I am hoping the warmish weather sticks around here for awhile! Bailey is on 145 today and showing me no signs...Binkey will be on 145 next Wednesday..looks like we're in for ALOT of sleepless nights anxious to see babies!

Happy, healthy kidding vibes for all!