Coyote Night Acres - Yvonne kidded twins Pictures added

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Coyote Night Acres, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Yvonne Day 144

Yvonne is starting to soften around her tail head and is growing in udder every day. We are not quite there yet with the udder and she still has her ligs, so she might just make it to her due date.

2. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Yvonne Day 144

Udder is getting big on Yvonne. She looks ready to milk, I can't wait till she has those kids and is milking. These FF are killing me, they kick and have small teats. She is on Day 146 today, I'm just waiting for her ligs to be gone one morning.

3. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Yvonne Day 147 (ligs are gone)

Her ligs are gone this morning, maybe just a little bit on the left side at the top when I checked early this morning. Her udder is full full full and we will be on watch very soon! I have a grooming appointment at 9:00 am in the morning hope she doesn't keep me up all night, I need to be focused while I groom. She may have another day to go, but will just see how she progresses today and tonight. If I have to I can cancel the appointment and make it for another day.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Oh my ...she sounds really close...can you get someone else to check on her..if you have to be gone?

5. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

I groom out of my home, so she will be well watched just hopeing she doesn't keep me up all night. It's gonna be hard to get up in the morning if she does.

6. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

I just went out and took some pics of her udder and checked her ligs again. I could feel a little bit of a soft soft lig on one side, so I'm thinking she won't go tonight Yay! She will probably go tomorrow afternoon or night is my guess so far. She's close and today is 147 so babies soon :wahoo:

:pray: :kidred: :kidred:

She doesn't even look prego anymore though, she probably just has a single cause she looks like she already had the kid and is just a milker. Oh well if she can throw me a doe I will be happy with just one.

Attached Files:

7. echocreekranch

echocreekranch New Member

Oct 6, 2009

Wow! I don't know much about udders but that one looks gorgeous. Fingers crossed for a doe.

8. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Yvonne's udder is very nice, She has really awesome capacity and one of the softest, supple and pliable udders I've ever had the chance to touch. Her teats are just the right size for comfortable milking and not too fat or skiny. Honestly I would love to put her udder on all of my doe's.

That's my opinion on it though, I'm still learning.

I was told by a fellow breeder that she lacked attatchments, so I don't know

9. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Agh!!! Ligs are gone gone tonight, I think she's been working on softening all day and this evening they are gone no where to be found. She doesn't look like emenent labor or anything happening anytime soon, but the udder is tight and ligs are gone. I'll keep a watch on her tonight with the barn camera. She ate her grain good today and she's munching on hay like normal, so we wait and hope she doesn't follow the doe's code of honor to seriously!

10. iddybit acres

iddybit acres New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Newberry, MI

<~~~ Is new to the kidding world, she has nice udder's though. (My lil rose-bud doesnt have anything like that!)

11. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

:coffee2: So no kids last night. She had me on watch though, she was breathing faster and heavier than I've ever seen her doing at night. A couple looks at the tummy and scratch her tummy, but that was it.

About 11:00 last night thunderstorms rolled in, so I just thought yep this is gonna be the night. I caught my sleep where I could get it and maybe take a nap this afternoon when I'm done with my grooming appointment. I really don't see her making it another night and we will keep watch today also.

Around 3:00 this morning she decided she was no longer going to lay down and she's been like that for close to a few hours. Thunder storms are still off and on along with the rain.

:sleeping:

12. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Yvonne Day 148 (ligs are gone)

Sounds like she is close! I remember my doe that kidded last month wouldn't lay down for hours either leading up to her kidding.

13. SkyesRanch

SkyesRanch New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Stephenville, Texas

Thats got to be my favorite moment! When you go out in the morning/evening to feed and she has and HUGE udder and no ligs. Nothing can compare to the excitement! :love:

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I agree...she is getting closer.... :hug:

15. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

:stars: We have kids!

She had started nesting this morning, I watched a little. By afternoon she was starting to show signs of contractions hitting so I camped out in the barn. Around 3:45 she had them, first was the little girl :wahoo: (looks just like momma with a little frost) then a few seconds and she was pushing out came the boy, upside down and one leg bent back but he came out smoothly. The little buck looks like daddy. :greengrin:

We pulled the buck (going to sell as bottle buckling) and left the little doe for momma to raise.

Pics coming soon! Camera went dead on me and have to get that boy settled in up here at the house.

Wooohooo I'm so excited I got my little girl :dance:

No staying up all night for me! Yaaahooo

16. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Re: Coyote Night Acres - Yvonne Day 148 (She kidded twins)

Awww Congrats!!!!! I bet they are adorable!! :)

17. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio

Congratulations! And, Yvonne deserves a special treat for being so considerate to not make you wait up all night! :p Can't wait to see pics.

BTW, that is an awesome udder!

18. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Well, would love to post pics but can't find my battery charger, so I'm gonna have to get some back up batteries to use untill I can get it found just to upload to the computer. We ended up bringing the girl up to the house too, Yvonne came out of a dairy and has never actually raised kids before. She's more interested in cleaning the fluids off of herself at this point. I'm going to try to get the kid bonded with her tomorrow and see about getting her back to momma, but I can't risk the kid not getting moms attention. Both kids are doing well, still waiting on momma to pass the placenta but she's doing well also. Milked her colostrum for the kids she gave me over a half gallon. Yay, I'm gonna get some colostrum back logged in the freezer from her.

19. Coyote Night Acres

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

This is what her udder looked like hours before kidding![attachment=1:17mal40k]Yvonne udder hours till kidding.jpg[/attachment:17mal40k]
    [attachment=0:17mal40k]strutted udder.jpg[/attachment:17mal40k]

A pic of both the kids, only minutes old
    [attachment=4:17mal40k]yvonne kids.jpg[/attachment:17mal40k]

This is the buckling, we were going to sell him but after going over our herd goals we decided he would be more of an asset to keep for breeding.
    [attachment=2:17mal40k]yvonnes buckling.jpg[/attachment:17mal40k]

Yvonne's doe We have great expectations for this girl.
    [attachment=3:17mal40k]Yvonne doe kid.jpg[/attachment:17mal40k]

Attached Files:

20. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Wow! get those kids on her... she looks like she's going to explode!!!