The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only had a goat ad up for 2 hours, 1st response was a scam!

"Grace Payne<[email protected]>
1:25 PM
Thanks for the quick response to my husband's message for the CL item, We are okay with the price & the conditions posted on the list, I would have loved to come and take a look but I can't due to our work schedule with this Covid 19 around and busy with the moving process. So, My husband will proceed to overnight a Bank Cashier/Certified Check to you through USPS & I will arrange for someone to pick up the item from you after the Check fully clears your bank. I will be adding an extra $70 to the original asking price for the reservation till the payment gets there. Kindly Email me bank with the below information to overnight the check ASAP

Name to be on the payment..
Address to mail the check to....
Final Asking price & the Cell# to contact you...
Acknowledge the receipt of this email with your details requested and the payment will be there within 48hours."

Will it ever end??
I really miss being able to post ads on a board at the feed store...

·
Super Moderator
32,154 Posts
I hate using Craig's list for this reason.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Only had a goat ad up for 2 hours, 1st response was a scam!

"Grace Payneemail]>
1:25 PM
Thanks for the quick response to my husband's message for the CL item, We are okay with the price & the conditions posted on the list, I would have loved to come and take a look but I can't due to our work schedule with this Covid 19 around and busy with the moving process. So, My husband will proceed to overnight a Bank Cashier/Certified Check to you through USPS & I will arrange for someone to pick up the item from you after the Check fully clears your bank. I will be adding an extra $70 to the original asking price for the reservation till the payment gets there. Kindly Email me bank with the below information to overnight the check ASAP

Name to be on the payment..
Address to mail the check to....
Final Asking price & the Cell# to contact you...
Acknowledge the receipt of this email with your details requested and the payment will be there within 48hours."

Will it ever end??
I really miss being able to post ads on a board at the feed store...
I have got a lot like that also.. but I just ignore them.. if you want it to stop you might have to take off to where they can text you and so they will only be able to email you.. cause everyone of those I get they ask me to email them if it’s available and then they say all that gibberish..

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just went in and edited the "reasonable offers considered" after 3 extreme lowball offers...like $300 for all 3.
I was asking $500 for a package of 3 does, and that is cheap in my opinion...1-2 yr.and 2- 8 month olds.

I may just roll them back in the herd. I don't mind selling my goats. I really hate the business/act of selling my goats!
I wanted to move a few before breeding the rest.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I just went in and edited the "reasonable offers considered" after 3 extreme lowball offers...like $300 for all 3.
I was asking $500 for a package of 3 does, and that is cheap in my opinion...1-2 yr.and 2- 8 month olds.

I may just roll them back in the herd. I don't mind selling my goats. I really hate the business/act of selling my goats!
I wanted to move a few before breeding the rest.
Do you have LSN in your area?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I used to sell a lot of stuff on line. Mostly through Kijiji.
My biggest pet peeve was the inevitable: "Is this still available?" It didn't matter if I said "Ad will be deleted if item is sold" in the ad.
It is worse when you don't hear back after telling the person, "yes, still available at this time."
Yeah people can be trying.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts