Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by kelebek, Jan 22, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Does anyone else have a problem with being "flagged" constantly for posting about upcoming kids on Craigslist???

This is getting so old that it is pathetic. They are also flagging another person that I know that has bottle baby bucklings (Nubians) and they flag him instantly because they are bottle babies - come on!

Craigslist specifically states - legal sales of livestock is allowed.....

Just curious.
  2. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i have the same thing happen..
    try quoting the 'craigslist rules' in your post. worked for me.
  4. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Think it just depends on when the 'flaggers' on. Sometimes I have trouble and others stay on for the full 45 days or until sold. Like pp said try quoting the legal livestock.
  5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Yeah, I have the same problem. I almost always get flagged on Spokane and Seattle CLs. About a week ago I put up about 4 posts...Seattle, Yakima, Spokane, Tri Cities....they all got flagged EXCEPT for the Tri Cities one) within 10 minutes. :hair: Uhhgg, flaggers drive me nuts.
  6. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Craigslist is full of self proclaimed moderators who can make life really annoying. I've even had some of my poultry ads flagged. Do tell me, what's wrong with selling chicks slightly beneath hatchery prices? :roll:
  7. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    yep, happens to me to. Get flagged all the time. :roll:
  8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    what's funny is i've noticed i only get flagged when i'm selling an animal that someone else is selling.. but mines lower .. someone did it to the boers all the time.. and everytime there were other boer advertisements
  9. Just Kiddin'

Just Kiddin' New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Southern California
    I've tried putting my mini lop rabbits on there a million times and every time I'm flagged in like 10 minutes. I didn't think you could sell animals on there? I thought you could just charge a "rehoming" fee. I even put "rehoming fee" in my ad to see if that helped with the flagging and nope. Then I browse and see tons of other livestock for sale that didn't get flagged. What the heck?
  10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I have gotten flagged before to.....I think those people are really bored and don't have anything better to do....... :( It is very aggravating... :doh:
  11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    is there any admin for that site? I mean there has to be a way to validate that you are real and have the right to post your add.

THere is a specific section where you can sell livestock. Took me a bit to find it though and I cant remember where it was.

I just post my forsale adds on and
  12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Unfortunately, no, there is no admin type that can help in these situations. I have been trying for a year. We all have even been petitioning for a section specifically for livestock sales for breeders - but they just won't do it for our area
  13. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    My problem with craigslist is getting ad responses to a 'puppy ad' when I advertised my horse!
    One lady wouldn't give up so I emailed her and told her if she emailed me again, I would report her. I didn't get another email from her and if I COULD figure out how to report email harrassment . . . .I would. :slapfloor:
  14. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I have never posted anything for sale on craigslist before :shrug: Hubby gets on there and looks at it all the time though... I might try posting on it this year.. It is a shame that people have nothing better to do that irritate people trying to advertise their animals! :angry:
  15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    How funny....way to go...what ever works...LOL :ROFL:
  16. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, I get flagged sometimes. But only for the Seattle craigslist. People have way too much time on their hands up there!! Sheesh. I offer in the ad to meet in WA and they still flag! I had one lady email me too and chew me out. I responded oh so nicely and explained everything and told her to have a lovely day, she understood and was nice back!! There is a lot of Nigerian breeders up there now, so maybe that's why, like SDK mentioned.
  17. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh yes, Olivia, I get flagged on Seattle almost everytime. I can't believe someone actually emailed to chew you out on that, musta had A LOT of extra time on their hands! :doh: I do think it's because there are quite a few nigerian breeders in that area and don't want us taking their customers. They must feel threatened by our gorgeous animals. :wink: lol! I hate flaggers!! :hair:
  18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I had to post this - I was just reading on craigslist - and read this add - but when I got to the end - my jaw hit the ground!

All babies are raised on pasterized milk, banded (if necessary), dehorned, vaccinated, socialized (they are raised in the house the first week, and tend to like TV LOL. They are ready at 7 days of age for their new homes. ALL BUCK kids required a 50% depoist non-refundable (unless something happens to the kid in our care) or are banded at 5 days.
  19. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh gosh, that's not good at all. Maybe you should email them and try to educate them, in a NICE way of course. That's really not good for babies that young at all. What kind of goats are these?
  20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    toggs - and I think some saanens also - not sure