The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I think I've gone a little goat crazy:) I've been thinking about bringing some new Nigerian stock into my herd (from another state, as MT doesn't have a lot of "fancy" Nigerians:). I was planning on getting some kids from Oregon next spring, but now that I've started looking I sort of want to get a few right now! I feel like I'm leaning toward just getting them now. Which is a little crazy... We're actually going to have a linear appraisal done on my herd next year! Soo excited (I've never had one done on my girls and the appraisers only come every couple years). Because of this I thought it might be nice to have the new goats (already freshened/full grown by then). I'm not sure if I should just stick with the plan of getting the kids next year, or just going for it.. I just thought I'd share my little goat dilemma:) Thanks for listening..

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
If you can afford them, and have the space and time for a few more, I don't see why you should wait.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After much thought, I have decided to wait until the spring to add more members to my herd. I will be better prepared for them, and best of all I will be able to get exactly which kids I want (I am planning to reserve kids from particular breedings soon). I think I may have found the perfect farm to get my goats from! There is also another one that I'm trying to contact, but I'm not sure if they plan on breeding any of their goats in the near future.. Anyway, I'm very excited about the spring... Can't wait!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts