The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know if its normal, we are bottle rearing 2 miniature goats, both happy and healthy but one has this incredible want to lick your face, he is 2 weeks old and if you put your face near him he goes into this incredible licking frenzy lol, so funny! He pops his tongue out about twice a second! It will go on until you put him down and even then continue for a min or do longer lol,,,, is it normal/common?

·
Registered
30,566 Posts
Most likely looking for the teat...;)

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Just wait until he gets a hold of your nose! :lol: On a more serious note, how much are you feeding him and is he bigger than his twin? If he is hunting a teat that vigorously, he may not be getting enough to eat.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He isn't looking for a teat, he is the same size as our other and neither search out a teat, if I put a bottle in front of him he won't take it, he just wants kisses lol

·
Registered
367 Posts
I bottled raised two wethers myself, they both did the same thing. They are 13 years old now and will still do the same thing. Kisses !!!!! I think they like the taste if our skin, maybe the salt that they taste. Luck lick lick that's what they do and I can see my doe just watching them and not understanding what they are doing.some friends say they act more like dogs than goats. It's their individual personality

1 - 6 of 6 Posts