Create PDF Files??

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by capriola-nd, Feb 15, 2009.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I would really like to create a PDF file for my website. The goat care information I put together, I would like to make it printable off my website, so I don't have to send it to every person via email.

So. . . . I "googled" making pdf files. Does this website look legit to you all??

http://www.primopdf.com/

I am so scared of downloading programs off the internet, do not want to ruin my computer. This is my second laptop and I cannot afford (especially now) for it to be ruined w/ whatever.

Any suggestions if you think the above link is not good?? Thanks so much for any help. I'm kind of dumb when it comes to computer stuff. :roll:

**Also, am I even saying it right? I want documents that I have saved on my computer to be "published" to a website in a form that someone can print off easily. Like I can have a link that says "click here to view a goat care sheet" or something like that -- they click on it and it leads them to the sheet where they can then print it. Just want to make sure I'm even making sense.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    what do I know ... but it looks legit to me

I can ask my friend who is more knowledgable then I

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Yup I am told that is a safe place to download from and that we have used it at my work. :thumb:

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Sweet, thanks! :) I will try it soon.

5. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    the free version looks fine to me, but if you're looking to modify a current PDF document, I don't think it would work. MSWord already allows you to convert a Word file to a PDF, but if you want to create and modify flashy PDF files, you'd need a full version of Adobe Standard 7.0. Just mho

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Um, I don't think it is currently pdf. It's just something I put together on my laptop, Microsoft Works Word Processor is the program I used.