creating a website HELP !!!!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Gumtree, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    I'm looking at creating a website, and wondering what is the best place to start at...is has to be free..as i am strapped for cash atm... :oops: . I know a lot of you are with freewebs, what are they like,? and I've heard that the problem with free websites is that the search engines don't pick em up is this correct?
    i think there might be some threads on this already on here but i cant find them :?
    any help is much appreciated... :)

2. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I like Webs... :greengrin: :thumb:

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I use Webs and have been using it since it was still FreeWebs. The free sites are very nice, no pop up adds, very few adds, 20 page limit, and nice looking easy to set up templates. As for free sites not getting picked up by google, they don't get picked up right away it takes a bit, i took me about 4 months when I still had a free site before google picked it up in searches, and now my site shows up in a bunch of different searches :)

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

My website is through freewebs, i love it there are a few ads but it happens when you go free. You can pay for a domain name and eliminate them. It was really easy to set up and you can find it on a google search when you type in my herd name. Its the first thing that comes up.
    beth

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I use Webs.com...it's worked wonderfully for me! I really like it, easy to use and has lots of options. It's takes you a bit to get a hang of it at first, but once you get going, it gets eaier and easier. My website shows up pretty easily for web browsers like google. You have to ad key words though...it's somewhere in the site settings or something like that. I get pretty regular traffic from google and yahoo.

6. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I have one through http://www.110mb.com/ the first one is free. You can put loads of stuff on it. Though, for the most part you need to know codes. I do know enough to get by, so that doesn't bother me. But you can always learn online the stuff you need to know. :)

7. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois
    I'm a WordPress fanatic. Although it is a blog web host I've tricked one of my sites into working like a regular website. :) It allows multiple pages, categories, and has tons of templates to choose from. :)

8. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    thanks for your help :)
    i'll keep it all in mind.... :thumbup: any more hints a tips are welcome :wave: :)

9. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    webs.com is great, I paid an extra $19.95 per year for my site and it has really paid off. Then you can get .com or .net instead of the longer version including YOUR FARM NAME.webs.com.Sometimes the pictures load kinda slow though...