Creep feeder

Discussion in 'Barnyard Bananza' started by 7acreranch, Apr 2, 2010.

1. 7acreranch

7acreranch New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Eastern OK
    If you all haven't noticed I am cheap. We needed a creep feeder so i could see what the kids are eating. I really get confused, manufactures must think if you have goats you have more money then you know what to do with. We have a bunch of places that sell those plastic tanks in metal cages around here so I picked on up took the tank out and cut a cross bar out and put it against the shed added a old dog feeder that the dog didn't like and the kids came running in.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=308100&l=9af90137e3&id=100000112459437

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Hey ...it's OK to cut corners :wink: ...nothing wrong with that at all.... that is a great idea and if it works.... that is all that counts...right?

Great job... :thumb:

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Excellent ! I assume your goats are bigger? My nigies would wiggle their way thru those openings!

I actually have one of those in my cellar for our water, my well wasn't recovering quick enough after filling water buckets and other uses so we got one of the tanks in a cage, added a pumptek system and we know have plenty of water. I was wanting to get a couple more of those to use as hay feeders, I think they would work great!

4. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    That is awesome...you are very handy!

5. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    I really wish they sold those liquid totes at a reasonable price around here. Seems the going price is $250 and up for the empties.

6. lupinfarm

lupinfarm New Member

Thats an awesome idea! Looks fantastic.

7. NeedONEmore

NeedONEmore New Member

Feb 25, 2011
    N. Mid. Tennessee
    Great idea... :idea: