Crescent due anytime...SOON??? (new pics included)

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by 4hmama, Feb 1, 2010.

1. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Crescent is due any time...but she is one of those lose ligs/has ligs, posty/not posty, acts like she is in labor/guess what...no labor! She is very 'open', and her udder is growing, but not full yet...don't know if she bags up right before or if she is one of 'those' who doesn't fill until after....

Here are some pics...anyone have a guess on when she will kid?? These were taken today....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: Doe is a tease...babies when??? (pics included)

she is a pretty doe.... :love: and being stubborn.... :wink:

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Hmmm...due anytime? What day is she on?

Not really wide, but deep so I am thinking twins and in the next 2-3 days.

4. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV

Her 'wide' has seemed to drop over the last few days...yet another reason that I'm anticipating. I feel them, so I know they are in there...!

5. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA

She doesn't have the hump yet.... here is a picture... notice the topline over the rump?? This is a doe in labor.

Attached Files:

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

How is she doing today? Any sign that she's ready to get down to business??

7. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV

She is mushy around the tailhead this morning, I can barely feel ligs, but her udder isn't full. I e-mailed the person I got her from and asked about previous kidding history, but haven't heard anything from them yet. Going to have to go back and check dates...I thought I knew when she was due...but either I'm wrong, or she is going to have the longest gestation in history...!

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

It's always a guessing game as well as a learning experience when you have an experienced doe freshen for the first time with you.....they have a secret, and they know you will go nuts trying to guess! She knows what she's doing and she knows how stressed you are.

9. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Updated Crescent pics...babies soon???

Lost her mucus stream (yes, I said stream because it went from her rear to the ground!) three days ago. Hopefully soon. Should be on about day 145-150...pen bred so...? Yes, I've learned my lesson...no more pen breedings! I ALMOST think that she is going to go soon...the last pic looks like she has hollowed out a little...ligs mushy and udder is more firm...but who knows!

Updated pics..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is she getting the 'hump'???...or am I imagining it?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    I am having the exact same problem you are!! My doe is displaying exactly the same things your doe is (although no goo stream, just bits of goo)... And mine was also pen bred so :shrug: who knows when she's really due. The earliest date would have been Valentine's day... obviously THAT didn't happen... the ultrasound the breeder provided me with gave a window of 15 days... which means no good sleep from now until she kids!

Is the "open"ness a sign she is getting close? My doe is definitely very open and I was wondering if that's like a human mom dilating...

Anyway, I hope your Crescent and my Emily get down to business SOON, so we can both get a good night's rest... and have lots of fun with the little ones :)

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Oh boy....I'd have to say that Crescent has at least one more day to torture you! Her udder has filled very nicely asnd her tailhead has dropped...but she's not quite there, she's not posty yet and I foresee that udder doubling in size.

12. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Ahhhh, what a pretty Momma to be! Can't wait to see what she gives you!

13. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Come on Crescent, but of course on your schedule, for healthy babies. 4hmamma, don't :hair: too much. :wink:

14. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    She is trying to teach you patience! I hope she has her babies soon (already?) and everyone is healthy and happy!! :)

15. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Looks like she's coming along really well :]

16. Steph

Steph Senior Member

May 7, 2009
    PA
    Come on does!!!

17. Sounds great, can't wait for the pics!

18. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Okay...I think she is fat with a curved spine, uterine tumor and a vaginal infection. That would explain it right??

Thought she in labor this morning, and ran out to the barn after I heard yelling on the baby monitor...
    Bonnie gave me a doeling, but still no Crescent babies. Will post Bonnie baby pics on another thread. I give up on the FAT girl!

19. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :clap: Come on Crescent!!

20. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia