Cricket is about to POP!! Uh OH! Cheerio gave us a little terrorist!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Nigerian dwarf goat, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    Cricket is a FF and day 145 is in the 10th!! she is bred to Harrison. This will be his and her first set of kids!! How many will she have??!
    image.jpeg
    As you can tell from this pic, she is gettin a bit miserable. Poor girl! image.jpeg
    image.jpeg image.jpeg
    image.jpeg Her udder is gettin big for a FF!! I can't wait to milk her!!
    image.jpeg
    Yes, i know she is selenium deficient. She has been gettin LOTS of replamin and i still can't seem to fix her tail

2. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Happy kidding, Cricket!
    I’m guessing triplets. 2 girls and a boy.

3. Nigerian dwarf goat

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    Thank you! I hope she has 2 girls in there!

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  4. daisysmaid

daisysmaid Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2018
    I’m thinking healthy good sized twins.

5. Nigerian dwarf goat

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    Is is raining cats and dogs right now, and i believe it is not supposed to stop untill saturday! GAHH! She is due on Friday! Looks like her kids will be my first rain babies!

6. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Rain, It's horrible isn't it! I hope you have a nice dry Kidding pen. When Tonks had her trips we got stuck in the doe barn with lightning, torrential rain, marble sized hail and 50mph winds when it was finally finished we had been stuck in there for a couple hours. Glad we keep extra drinks and stools around just in case.
    Happy Kidding! Cricket is a beauty and I can't wait to see her kids!

7. Nigerian dwarf goat

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    Oh no! was that his year? That storm blew my horse trailer into our fence!
    I have a dog kennel in the barn with savings in it. I used this one for delta.
    Usually, i have a stall in the barn, that is split in half with a gate in the middle, but i just had Archie in there who had BP worms. and I have to let that rest for a while. I also have one due on the 21st, which means im gonna have to kick cricket out FAST! I guess breeding far apart this year worked out!

8. Nigerian dwarf goat

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    Oh, i think i might do that! I need to start restocking the mini fridge in the barn with drinks!

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  10. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Yes, it was about 3weeks or so ago. A mini fridge sounds like a smart idea ;)
    I just have Drom left and hopefully then I can dismantle the pens and just let everyone in an open area but that last big storm took out fencing so before I can let the littles in the pasture I need to do repairs...SO, I really need the rain to stop already.
    I hope Cricket waits for a break in the weather for you.

11. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    So, how's sweet Cricket doing today?

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  12. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Wow On you BUCK! VERY nice! Your doe looks sooo sweet! Im guessing twins. Yes she looks full of milk for a FF. I hope she has an easy time kidding, and we see bouncy, happy little ones soon!

Nigerian dwarf goat and MadHouse like this.
  13. Nigerian dwarf goat

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    I didnt get on the web yesterday because our internet is SOO SLOW
    Her ligaments are still "pencils" Today is day 141!!! Udder seems a tiny bit fuller, but not noticeable from just looking. She had the tiniest amount of white goo yesterday, but it is gone today. It would be awesome if she had Easter babies for her first year! Her momma goes QUICK when she has her babies. Last year, i woke up, she had a LOT of goo, went back out there she was already pushing with a little nose and feet peaking out. Hopefully cricket treats me a little better than that!

She has a runny nose and a cough right now, because it went from like 80 degrees to the high being 50 degrees yesterday. Everybody does :(

I was out of my mind thinking there would be Vitamin C gummies on the shelves right now (doh)

I am loading everybody with garlic right now, and it seems to help with the cough, but the snotty noses are still there
    I have them out of their pens, grazing around the pasture fences to help mow them down, and poor cricket is waddlin out there:imok:

14. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Garlic is great! I learned on here from @Moers kiko boars, for snotty noses, wipe nose, use baby snot bulb to clean, then put one drop of VetRx in each nostril. Good luck.

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  15. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Definately use the baby sucking bulb BEFORE you put the VetRX in...lol lol (rofl)(rofl) right Madhouse???:D

MadHouse likes this.
  16. Nigerian dwarf goat

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    Is vet Rx the name of the drug, or is it a prescription? If so, what is the name? Im gonna have to ask my vet for some :)

17. Nigerian dwarf goat

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    Oh, update on cricket!!
    The goats have been out almost all day, and I am hoping that having her walk around so much will get her to go faster. We’ll see!!!
    I am soo excited for these babies; sadly I will probably not be keeping any of them, bcecause I am trying to work my herd up to registered goats, and they can be by cricket isn’t, but I know they eye will I’ll be SUPER cute!!

18. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    You can get vet RX at tractor supply, atwoods or even petsmart. They have it for lots of different species but it's all the same thing.