The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is for a FF that isn't due for another 4-5 weeks. I was just curious how her udder was shaping up. it may be way to early to really judge. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I would wait for her to completely freshen :) But so far it doesn't look bad ;)

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
It's looking pretty good so far :) I look forward to seeing it full! :)

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Wait until she is ready to deliver... I've gotten some really nice rear udder pics when my girls start into labor :)
She looks to be filling in nicely, and don't be alarmed if she starts to look lopsided the closer she gets to delivery, she does appear to have more growth on the left compared to the right... when my Penny was a FF she had me fit to be tied because she was filling on one side more than the other but the day she delivered she was filled evenly :)

·
962 Posts
From what I see it is a fairly good udder. I do the like the strength in medial division that she is already showing. I do believe her teats will point outwards a little bit once she freshens & gains capacity. I am eager to see how it looks when she is fill. Could use some more udder height also.

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what I see it is a fairly good udder. I do the like the strength in medial division that she is already showing. I do believe her teats will point outwards a little bit once she freshens & gains capacity. I am eager to see how it looks when she is fill. Could use some more udder height also.
Thanks for your critique - I do have a few newbie questions? if the teats point outward is that good or bad? what do you mean by height?

·
2,203 Posts
Height is typically used to either explain:

Distance (looking from the rear) from udder floor to the top of the udder, where it attaches to the body.

Or

How high she is actually attached at the rear. The higher attachment the better. Ideally you want very little space between vulva and the attachment. Here's a good example of superb udder height vs not so good. Both my does.

image-1847023329.jpg

Pretty dark pic. This is Begonia. FF 2 yr old.

image-1051357245.jpg

This is Crysal. Full sibling to Begonia. FF yearling.

image-315869297.jpg

Begonia rear quartered away pic.

Attachments

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Megan your pictures really helped

I will try and post another picture right before she kids

1 - 9 of 9 Posts