Critique/Judge my does ---- PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by Muddy Creek Farm, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Listed Oldest to youngest.....

"Ginger" (Photos taken at 15 months)

[​IMG]
    http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t37/ ... CF8363.jpg

Rear - http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t37/ ... erRear.jpg

Front - http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t37/ ... rFront.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Azriel" (photos at 8 months old)

[​IMG]

Rear - http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t37/ ... 974068.jpg

Front - http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t37/ ... bafecd.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Janna" (photos taken at 5 months old)

[​IMG]

Rear - http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t37/ ... ee453f.jpg

Front -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Isabel" (photos taken at 4 month old)

[​IMG]

Rear - http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t37/ ... f56065.jpg

Front - http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t37/ ... a24fbb.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nestea" (Photos taken at 5 months old)

[​IMG]

Rear - http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t37/ ... 2060bb.jpg

Front - http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t37/ ... 94fc7e.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please tell me what you think! Place them in order of who you like best (And why, if you know). I am always looking for more opinions on my goats! It is so hard because I see them every day and it's hard to write them up on their pages!

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Chelsea,

I am sorry, but I have no idea about conformation. Although I think that Isabel and then Nestea look the nicest.

And Jenna gets most charismatic - :) You can see her personality in her!

3. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    1. Azriel
    2. Janna
    3. Nestea

4. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    i'm no goat judge (i fall for color and personalities!!!!) but you said that azriel is quite good. with that in mind, the shoulder area in her seems much deeper than ginger, for instance. nestea looks good in this area, too.
    now....it could be someone will say shoulders are azriel's WEAK spot, i don't know. that is just where i see the biggest difference just looking at them.
    pretty girls...i love isabel.
    enjoy

5. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    just looked again....i'd be happy with any of them, but i am not showing mine. these are just photos, too, and cooperation is a help. yeah, right. anyway..........

6. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    I dont know any thing about showing but....
    I like Ginger and Janna the best you have some beautiful girls.

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Thanks! Photos are kinda tough, because you can't feel them, and that (to me) is an important part of judging.

8. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    it is an important part of judging. I used to judge livestock in school and placed animals on how they looked because I was too shy to go up and feel the animals but I didn't do too bad. We did judge goats though..only, sheep, breeding cattle, dairy cattle, and market hogs.

Now horses, I can judge. The are judged on appearance so they are easy.

9. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    I think Ginger would place first, she looks to be very level with a nice topline, and nicely blending from head to toe.
    Then Isabel and Janna would tie for second they are both nice and level

10. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
    1st- Ginger. Ginger has a nice, uphill topline, her pasterns are short and she has a nice length. She is wide with excellent rear angulation. Her rump is level and she has very nice dairy capacity. I would like to see her shoulders blend more into her neck. Very beautiful doe. :)

2nd- Janna. Janna excells in general appearance. Janna is long and feminine, she stands uphill and she has very nice dairy capacity. She looks to be wide, with very good rear width and angulation.

3rd- Isabel. Isabel is very long, has a feminine neck and has an uphill topline. She has good dairy capacity. She has very nice rear width and angulation.

4th- Azriel. She may have placed higher if she wasn't so fuzzy. :) She has nice length, though I would probably like to see a more feminine neck. (her coat may be hiding a feminine one, I can't tell) Her rump looks a little steep. She looks like she has a very nice dairy capacity and an excellent width.

5th- Nestea. She's squatting some so I can't tell a whole lot. She appears to have an uphill topline, good dairy capacity and width. She also has a very nice feminine neck. I would like to see shorter pasterns on her, and a more even rump.

Very, very nice does. They are all beautiful!!! (and Janna seems to know it.... :D )

11. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Thanks, I just cannot wait to clip them in the spring! And get them into the ring ;)

12. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

im assuning the girls are all dry yearlings.
    I like your Janna the best, She has a look at my attitude doesn't she?
    I woupld place her one over two because she is By far the widest doe, she has a long dairy neck a pretty head and lots of width between her hocks she is very uphill and thight in the shoulders. She has good length from hips to pins. She will grant a bit of smoothness of blending through the shoulders to Isabel.
    Isabel would be my second choice, she is a very pretty doe to look at. She has nice generl aperance. She has probably the best set of shoulders out of all of them. She is very deep bodied and feminine. She has tremendous length from hips to pins. She will grant a higher wider escutchen to Ginger.
    Ginger will be my third choice, though a very Long tall and open doe, she doesn't have quite the angulation to her real legs as the other two does. She is uphill and very smooth over her shoulders. I would also like to see her a little tighter at her point of elbow.
    Azriel will be my fourth choice, She too is a very uphill doe, she has a nice deep brisket but i ould like to see her a little straighter in the legs, she toes out a bit. I would also like to see tighter toes on this doe.
    Though a very feminine doe Nestea just doesn;t have the maturity to move her further up the line. She is very uphill and has a nice long dairy neck, she is a bit steep in the rump. I would also like to see a bit longer body on this doe. She does toe out, but she apears to have one of the highest escutchens out of all of the does.

Hope this helps
    beth

13. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Thanks! No only ginger is a yearling, Azriel is 8 months, Janna was about 5 months in the photo, Isabel was 4 months and Nestea was 5 months in the photo.

14. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

age and size plays a big factor as does maturity. But if they had each won their class, and i had to place them down the line that would be what i would stick with.
    i really like my two top does the best. I think they are going to take you places, as will their kids when you get them bred.
    beth

15. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Thank you! I have shown Izzy and Janna, as well as Ginger. They have all placed first atleast once (out of a total of 3 shows) The last show I went to the judge made a face and said she DID NOT like Janna's escutchen, she said, and I quote "uhg, this doe is very wide, I hope she can fill that space with a large udder" and something else that I forgot. But she thought she was too wide......

16. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I wouldn't say she is too wide but i would like to see her higher in the ecutchen. If you look at her escutchen compaired to nestea, nestea is definatly higher. It is carried higher more up towards her vulva, while nestea is the youngest doe she very well might mature out to have the nicest udder. You want the udder carried very high and wide. Janna won't carry her rear udder as well up into her excutchen as nestea will.
    beth

17. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Yeah, I know that, Nestea has a very high escutchen, Janna has won in the past due to her escutchen. It just goes to show different judges like different things lol.

18. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Side shots I like Janna the best, with Isabel second.

Janna has the sharpest shoulders, better extension in the brisket, level yet uphill topline and a nice rump with lots of dairy character. She is also deep barrelled. Isabel was an extremely close second being that Janna was just a little more refined and a little more uphill.

Rear shots my first choice again is Janna with Ginger second. Nestea was hard to tell with the hairy rear. I know how that goes so we'll have to see them all over again in the spring clipped. ;)

Isabel's escutcheon is actually a little lower than Janna and Ginger's but she still has the nice horseshoe shape. She should look awseome in milk.

Front view's I liked Isabel and Azreil. I couldn't tell due to the black coat on Azreil. I know how hard it is to photograph black animals too! LOL Anyway, they have the widest chest floor and straitest front legs. Ginger next, her heart girth could fill in more as she matures making her wider.

19. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Thanks Ashley! I know I have said this MANY MANY times lol but I can't wait to see them all mature, and clipped! I'll have to wait a whole 5 or 6 months!

20. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Oh and I hear sharp withers and sharp shoulders, I know withers are on their back (like horses) but what is a sharp shoulder?