The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is montage..... He Is a finished CH Lamancha buck. Can some one please give me some pros and cons on him. He is 5 years old and has bred well over 50 does in his life time. We got him free as a two year old with an agreement of 20 straws of semen back to the origional man we got him from. He finished as a 3 yr old. And the man whom we still have in contact with and buy goats from has used him well over 20 times with live coverage. Any comments aprectiated. We had a two year old buck of his that recieved a leg as a yearling but he unfortunatly got to agressive and had to go before he killed the baby boys in the nxt pen over. His 2012 daughters and son that we retained include the following wins..... Doe 1- 3 reserve champions and grand chanpion junior doe and our fair as a yrling , doe 2 1 grand and best in show and buck 1 5 junior champions. Photos include 2 of him recently and 1 as a two yr old and his 3 2012 kids now. Bad picture of the black doe but thats the only one i have on my phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just for Lacie :p

Cons:
rump is *maybe* a bit to steep
I've got nothing else

Pros:
Long rump
blends throughout
spring of rib?
body capacity
body length
strong chine
masculine, yet dairy

Okay, I'm not going any further, how'd I do, Lacie? :p
Lol thanks for the pros and cons! He is from a herd that is longer around so we are proud to own him.

·
2,203 Posts
Only thing id add here, is I would to add a touch more prominent brisket, lift those thurls up on him, and straighten those legs out. His rear leg set is not eye appealing for me today. I appreciate his rump, great depth and openness to the rib, width throughout, clean head/neck, strength and masculinity, but those legs just break him for me.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Only thing id add here, is I would to add a touch more prominent brisket, lift those thurls up on him, and straighten those legs out. His rear leg set is not eye appealing for me today. I appreciate his rump, great depth and openness to the rib, width throughout, clean head/neck, strength and masculinity, but those legs just break him for me.
Part of the legs are him and the other part us..... In a 3 pictures he was in runt and wouldnt stay still. The only thing that the judges said that kept him from best in show was his pasturns ( witch were always low ) but they havnt gotten anyworse and hes gettin on the age that he has an excuse for them. Thinking of taking him to a few more shows next yr.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts