The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
She looks like she has nice length of body, sturdy legs, and straight toes. Her neck is long and feminin, and blends well into her withers and chest. I would like to see her withers maybe just a tad sharper, but they are not bad at all :) I would like to level out her topline and rump some, add more body depth and capacity, and give her more angular legs, plus more brisket. She looks like a promising young doe and bred to the right buck, should have some very nice kids. I also like how her pasterns are strong, and how her chest floor blends well into her barrel. Do you have a picture of her back side showing her udder, escutcheon, and hips/pins?

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that too.

·
The more time we spend with goats, the wiser we be
1,625 Posts
So cute!

I have an Alpine yearling doe just like her. The judges like the relatives to my doe (she hasn't been shown herself), so I would like to assume they would like your doe as well.

P.S. I show boer goats so anything I would critique on her would probably be wrong. :eek: :D

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Cons:
rump is a little steep
back legs are posty
needs more brisket
could use more depth and capacity, but will most likely improve with more freshenings
could have slightly more dairy character
udder is small, but may improve over time as well
teats are small

Pros:
feminine appearance
strong stance
nice uphill stature
strong pasterns
long neck, though it could be just a tad longer
nice length of body
nicely blended throughout
thurls look good
nice long bone pattern
front udder attachments look decent

I could give you more if we had pics of her front end and back end (hips, escutcheon, assembly, udder, toe out or not, etc.)

She'a a very pretty girl, and nicely put together! :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cons: rump is a little steep back legs are posty needs more brisket could use more depth and capacity, but will most likely improve with more freshenings could have slightly more dairy character udder is small, but may improve over time as well teats are small Pros: feminine appearance strong stance nice uphill stature strong pasterns long neck, though it could be just a tad longer nice length of body nicely blended throughout thurls look good nice long bone pattern front udder attachments look decent I could give you more if we had pics of her front end and back end (hips, escutcheon, assembly, udder, toe out or not, etc.) She'a a very pretty girl, and nicely put together! :)
Thank you! I will get some more pics tonight! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts