The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First is my son's wether Noisy. He is 84 lbs.
Goat Table Outdoor bench Dog breed Grass

Dog Plant Fawn Grass Dog breed

Next is Maggie. She weighs 70 lbs.

Shorts Goat Dog breed Grass Livestock

Last is Lexus. She weighs 64 lbs.

Dog breed Grass Goat Plant Goat-antelope

They are to be finished for our fair on July 21. We will be taking them to a jackpot show on June 15th. I just blocked out their hair, and will be trimming for the final time next week, so don't pay attention to the clip job. I think they all need more cover, and have a bit too much angle in the rear. They are all siblings.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
It's a little hard to tell with the back legs not being shaved and they look to be giving the kids a little difficulty in standing. That being said, the first one seems to have good length of body but looks maybe a little weak in the chine and steep rumped. You can't see much on the brisket the way they are standing and the 2nd one has a lead rope in the way. The second one also seems to really be fighting your daughter and making her front end look really toed out. I'm not showing boers, but maybe for that one if she worries about setting her feet first then tickling her back to level her out after that. I think getting her squared up will show her off nicely.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they were definitely fighting us. They were tired and wanted to go back to the barn. I will try to blend and finish the legs in the next two days and repost. Thanks

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
I like Lexus and Noisy's length. All 3 have steep rumps and Noisy and Lexus have week toplines, but look pretty good otherwise! :) I love Maggie's head, very pretty! Not that that really matters on a market goat, but since I'm used to looking for "pretty" that's what caught my eye! :D

The one on the left in the last picture looks awesome (the one with the spot on it's back). It appears to have a nice butt, big hip, length, width and a nice soft appearance. Hehe ;)

·
Amber
1,339 Posts
The one on the left in the last picture looks awesome (the one with the spot on it's back). It appears to have a nice butt, big hip, length, width and a nice soft appearance. Hehe ;)
I agree this one looks great! ;)

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL, that's Paxton. He is one of my Jack Russells. The other one is Izzy. I really like those reds and whites!

I grew up on a beef farm raising pure bred Simmentals, so the colors are in my blood!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts