The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay So I have two girls I would like critiqued. The first is my Nubian doe, she was born May 12th 2012 She has never freshened before and I plan on breeding her this fall. The second is my Nubian doeling that I retained this year from one of my other girls. She was born February 17th 2013. I also plan on breeding her this fall. Last is my new buckling that I plan to breed them to. He has beautiful markings and color, just want to know how well he will mix with these two girls conformation wise. He is a Nubian/Boer cross.

Attachments

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Okay, both does are weak in the chine and have a very steep/high rump. Both are also posty in the legs. Doe doesn't seem to toe out too much but the doeling does. They also need much straighter toplines. Overall, they aren't show does, but they have great, sweet, Nubian heads/noses and they will probably milk wonderfully for you. They also both have great teats so I would be looking forward to seeing their udders.

For the buckling, love th color of course.

He is very, very weak in the chine. Looks to need a bit more length. Doesn't look posty, has a fine rump but I would most certainly like it to be straighter if I were to show him. Very distinct brisket. Nice escutcheon. Very sweet looking little guy. He might just mature out of some of these faults, actually, but it is hard to tell.

Are you breeding for meat, dairy or both purposes?

Also, I am so sorry if I sound harsh, too harsh. I really don't mean to sound that way and I don't mean to hurt your feelings. To me, really it is not about their looks, as I don't show. Of course, it is whats inside the goat that counts. ;) I'm sure those Nubians will milk wonderfully for you and that little guy has some great coloring. If these are your first goats, Congrats!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much. I'm really glad to get some opinions on them. I don't show and I'm not really into meat. I working more for milk and color, but I would also like them to have good structure.
You were not harsh at all, I'm really glad to get some feedback on then.

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
:) You are welcome. I try to be honest when someone wants me to critique but then I re-red my posts and find out that I sound rude, or harsh, or I was really negative, etc. I know it annoyes my inside whenever someone says bad things about my goaties, so I do try not to be that way but also try to be honest. Anyway, enough of my rambling. :)

If you are wanting meat, I would consider looking for some good lines that include color. You don't want to have Boer in there if you were to just be milking. Now, I know that 1/4 of Boer wouldn't be much, but this is just my opinion. Like, if your buyers were looking for meat, they would just want plain Boer. If they wanted milk, they would want Nubians. That's how I am, anyway.

Good luck with their breedings! They are very sweet looking!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts