The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Kezzi, 50% Kiko Doeling: Dam is Daisy (critique wanted: Daisy-cross something doe) Sire is Mocca (critique: PB Kiko Buck) She's around 8 months old, wide body. First picture is from the summer, the rest are quite rcent.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,547 Posts
I can not believe they are not bigger then that. I always thought they said a Kiko was a big goat. They seem smaller then my Cashmere goats.

this doe's colors are beautiful. I think her rump sloped down so steep. That is all that I could really see

·
Premium Member
10,547 Posts
I can not believe they are not bigger then that. I always thought they said a Kiko was a big goat. They seem smaller then my Cashmere goats.

this doe's colors are beautiful. I think her rump sloped down so steep. That is all that I could really see

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Aha, this is who I was curious to see! Mocca has given her a wider body than her mom Daisy has, and also better leg angulation, so here we see an improvement. She is still downhill and steep like her mom, but bred to a more level, less steep buck her kids might inherit those traits from him. I really like that head shot; what nice markings and colours! In the feed bucket shot, that's her mom Daisy next to her, isn't it? Their toplines look identical.

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
I'll judge by the top picture :)

Pros:
Long body
Level topline
Stands strong on feet and legs
Fairly well blended.
Fairly good body capacity

Cons:
Rump is very steep
Lacking a good brisket
Neck is a tad short

What is she mixed with? She looks more dairy to me, but that could be because she is not on grain. I can't go too technical with her, since she isn't set up, and I don't usually judge kikos :)

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Goat_in_Himmel: Yes, that's her mom with her in the feed bucket picture.

Scottyhorse: I'm not sure what her dam is, She in "Critique wanted: Daisy-cross something else" thread. Folks are saying maybe :Saanen/Nubian or Nubian/Kiko.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Any more thoughts?
I would really like to know this doeling's pros/cons, as I really like her, and want to use her in my breeding program.

And Thank you all for your critique! She's my favorite kid from last year!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts