The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't plan on showing goats ever, but thought it would be interesting to find out about my boys' conformation. I have never set up a goat before, and I'm sure the way I did it is wrong (I couldn't "punch" them down or keep the feet in place), so advice on how I should do it is appreciated. The Nigerians are a bit on the pudgy side, I know. Anything else anyone wants to comment on I am happy to hear.

First is Pace. He is a 2 year old Nigerian Dwarf wether. He's about 65 pounds. I love how rich his coat color is at this time of year! He wanted to eat the grass so was being a pain in the butt and hunching his back lol.

I know I am beautiful! Now worship me!

Next is Shanti. He is Pace's brother and is about 75 pounds. I clipped him a few months ago (very badly!) but it grew in well.

He is one cool dude. Here he is showing his charisma by winking at the camera.

Last is Melino. He is a year-old Alpine wether. He kept turning his head up to look at me like "what in the world do you think you're doing, you crazy person?" He is about 30 inches tall now and 120 pounds.

If these pictures are too big and take too much time to load let me know. I made them this size since I wanted people to be able to see the detail better.

· Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips! I'll have to practice them. Liz, they all looked extra fat because I cleaned the shed yesterday and they were loose for almost 6 hours grazing since I was there to supervise. I usually let them out for half an hour or so to browse and they get a little grain and alfalfa pellets. Melino is actually my thinnest boy lol. He just pigged out an extra lot. Thanks again for the help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.