The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are our two LaMancha Nubian cross for kids, they are twins they came from triplets but their brother died a couple weeks after being born. I would like the pros and cons of these two doe kids, they were born in early March.

Black Squirrel

image-43430629.jpg

Sunshine

image-1487081926.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Heehee, you're wanting little bits and pieces to judge aren't you? I was just about to do the same thing! :p

Oh, I've been meaning to ask someone- how do you put captions in between the pictures? I coudn't figure out how- but keep in mind I'm not using the TGS app.

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Sunshine is a tad bit weak in the chine, and doesn't strike me as "very dairy". Otherwise (and I don't usually say this), they both look FANTASTIC.

Black Squirrel may have a steeper rump than I prefer, and maybe even Sunshine, but like I said, they look great other than these things. Black Squirrel also has that elegance that the Nubian brings to the show ring. Sunshine looks half Boer in my opinion, but if she milks well it would not matter much to me.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I think they both look great! I can't find a thing wrong with Black Squirrel. Sunshine's top line looks a bit less smooth than the other doe's but she seems uncomfortable in her pose and maybe that is the problem. She also has longer hair which makes her look coarser, but with a haircut?.....I will say I am not a dairy person, but I am thinking that they are both very nice.:D

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Yeah Sunshine really needs a hair cut, and she was bracing herself, the one thing we like better about Sunshine than Black Squirrel is that Sunshine has more length.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! They are our two best Junior Does, we are hoping that when we breed them in the fall that they don't have udders like their mom. Her udder is huge and she's a good milker but she needs more fore udder to pull her rear udder forward more seem how it goes past her vulva.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Those goaties look mighty familiar...

Neither doe kid has been handled much, they weren't too happy to stand for photos. I am still happy with our girls. Delilah is right about their dams udder- it is laughable. It sticks out a good six inches past her vulva.

image-2968665422.jpg

This was shortly after kidding

Attachments

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
That is what you call too much Udder Depth.

Anyways, I can do a full critique in a bit, but I'm about ready to make dinner. But I just wanted to jump in and say, Sunshines chine is absolutely fine, it's not weak at all, and Squirrel is a very nice little doe, she looks just as good as the doelings at nationals todays, and better that most of them too! :D

However Squirrel is the best doe of the two, with ther straight spine, with slope, long bone pattern, nice rump (could be more level, but it is fine) and her great amount of femininity and dairy character.
She is a very nice LaMancha doeling, better than most I've seen today. And she stands great on the lead, I don't know if you saw the nationals much, but some of them doelings were just about doing backflips to get off the lead!

Just keep in mind, there is no such thing as a perfect goat, but if Squirrel had more brisket and a level rump she'd have it all.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is what you call too much Udder Depth.

Anyways, I can do a full critique in a bit, but I'm about ready to make dinner. But I just wanted to jump in and say, Sunshines chine is absolutely fine, it's not weak at all, and Squirrel is a very nice little doe, she looks just as good as the doelings at nationals todays, and better that most of them too! :D

However Squirrel is the best doe of the two, with ther straight spine, with slope, long bone pattern, nice rump (could be more level, but it is fine) and her great amount of femininity and dairy character.
She is a very nice LaMancha doeling, better than most I've seen today. And she stands great on the lead, I don't know if you saw the nationals much, but some of them doelings were just about doing backflips to get off the lead!

Just keep in mind, there is no such thing as a perfect goat, but if Squirrel had more brisket and a level rump she'd have it all.
Okay, yeah I was watching some of the junior does, they did not want to cooperate. Okay I can't wait for the full critique (; lol!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Those goaties look mighty familiar...

Neither doe kid has been handled much, they weren't too happy to stand for photos. I am still happy with our girls. Delilah is right about their dams udder- it is laughable. It sticks out a good six inches past her vulva.

This was shortly after kidding
Do y'all have a rear udder pic of her?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts