Critique these kids

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by 1_goat_2_many, Jun 22, 2010.

1. 1_goat_2_many

1_goat_2_many New Member

Apr 22, 2009
    I've had boer goats since I started with goats last year and decided to add dairy goats this year. I do show locally and am hoping to use these babies for that purpose. So, tell me about them. Do you all think they'll do well to show and start a herd?

First is a nubian buck. Born 2-10. He was a bit stunted when I bought him but he is growing well and filling out nicely. I don't have any front/rear shots yet.
    [​IMG]

Next are these 2 girls. The black one is a purebred lamancha. The white one is an experimental. Sire is Lamancha. Dam is Saanen/Nubian cross. Both born 3-10. Neither girl really wanted to be stacked as I had just finished shaving them (for a show this weekend) and my mom does not really know how to set them up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    All 3 are really nice, I do think the buckling could have more length but he does have a nice topline and nice legs. The 2 girls have very good length and depth, nice legs and level tops, I think they'd do well as a base to a dairy herd and in the ring.

3. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    my favorite is definetly that black lamancha ( and im not being biased) love her body length and dairy character.. i'd like a more level rump on her, but she's got the best of everything out of the three

I'd really likea lot more breed character about the nubian, he lacks in that department, and i'd like a longer body and more dairy character

4. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    I agree that the black lamancha is my faveorite, and I'm not being biased either... lol :wink: I really like her uphill build, smoothness,and topline. The white doe looks pretty nice to and looks to have good depth to her. How old are the does? The buck is flashy but I would like to see more length of body. I'm no expert though, this is just my opinion :)