Critique this boer buck

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by parkinsonfarms, May 10, 2011.

1. parkinsonfarms

parkinsonfarms Senior Member

May 10, 2011
    Maysville, Missouri
    Up here you can sell Commercial Meat goat easier than show goats because many don't wanna buy registered. Also I've noticed that when you have commercial goats here the people by more at one time and My commercial bucklings can go for 125-130 market price and doeling 135-160, wethers 125-140.

2. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Georgia
    Where did they show him? Boer goat shows all require registration papers to show.

Donna Finley
    Finley Boers

3. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Fullblood is 100% Boer
    Purebred can range from 94 to 99.99%. A purebred goat will never be a fullblood.

IF this show was so big, was it a registered show? You can't show an unregistered buck at a sanctioned show. If it was a 4h show, I don't count them.

He needs more breed character, a little more length and and width in my honest opinion. And 250 would be too much for an unregistered goat.

4. parkinsonfarms

May 10, 2011
    Maysville, Missouri
    the buck is a year old. the price range I gave is for bucklings from 3 weeks to two months. He is cheap compared to some of the bucks around her. My goat friend who has been raising goats for 14 years said he's worth the asking price and more. I'm getting him and the doe he's bred to for a group price of 375.

5. icboers

icboers New Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Blue Ridge,TX
    If he is not registered the show must not have been an ABGA/IBGA/USBGA show, they have to be registered to show at those.

Also the kids can not be registered unless the buck is registered.

Karla

6. Kimmerz Cali Kidz

Kimmerz Cali Kidz Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Elverta, CA
    Congrats on your purchase!! It sounds like you got exactly what you wanted!! :stars:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I have seen real nice older bucks... that are registered... that go for $300 and $400....with excellent pedigree's.... the breeders have to change lines and may sell an older buck cheaper... to make room for the new buck line..... that is when... it is a great opportunity..... :wink:

Any breeder will say... he's worth the asking price and more....to make a sell....for their unregistered stock....
    but .......he isn't registered...if he was registered... he would be worth it and then some..... :wink:

We don't mean to sound mean or pushy here...we are trying to get you a better deal....for your money.... and future ..in goat options.... a Buck is a big investment... no matter how much money you spend on him.... so thinking of future possibilities.... opens up different avenues down the road..... :)

That is all so true.... :hi5:

8. parkinsonfarms

May 10, 2011
    Maysville, Missouri
    Hello everyone,
    yes I did by the buck, Bam Bam, and the doe, Tweenkie. I'm very happy with Bam Bam and he is a much nicer buck then my other. Tweenkie is a nice doe but It took us forever to catch her. i'm going to be working with her to make her easier to handle. Bam Bam on the other hand is amazingly sweet and gentle around people. Of course the show he was shown at was a exibition show. We just picked them up yesterday.
    Thank you for all your advice.

9. parkinsonfarms

May 10, 2011
    Maysville, Missouri
    That is all so true.... :hi5:[/quote:224jhmsn]

The lady who said he's worth it is not the owner of him. anyway i bought him.

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Congrats.... glad everything is working out well.... :thumb: :hi5:

11. parkinsonfarms

May 10, 2011
    Maysville, Missouri
    Yes. he is already interested in one of my does that I was giving a bath yesterday. Boy does he stink though. I have some pictures but they are horrible.I put them up. Never mind my files are too big but I will be putting some up on my website soon and you will be able to take a look.

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    They can stink that is so true.... he is in rut ...that is good... he sounds to be a good buck there..... :wink:

I'd love to see pics of him..... :greengrin: :thumb:

13. parkinsonfarms

May 10, 2011
    Maysville, Missouri
    He is! my other buck blizzard is completely opposite while in rut. While Bam Bam is still as gentle as everything with people. Blizzard is a nightmare. I can't be mad a him though Blizzard has had some great babies. I've had him since he was 8 months and he is now two. Got him from the same people I got Bam Bam from.

14. parkinsonfarms

May 10, 2011
    Maysville, Missouri
  15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    he is a nice buck.... :thumb: :hi5:

16. parkinsonfarms

May 10, 2011
    Maysville, Missouri
    Thanks yes he is. My Nanny, Doll, (also on my site) just saw him today. Don't know if he got her but I think he did. :D

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  18. parkinsonfarms

May 10, 2011
    Maysville, Missouri
    Bam Bam is a year old. He's a momma's boy and was born a quad. None of the does he's been bred to have had more than three though, so far. I'm very pleased with him. Also got a doe who is suppose to be bred to him though we almost left her at the place because it took us like 30 minutes to catch her. :( Those pictures on the site aren't the best but I'll try to get better ones put up. Now all I have to do is sell Blizzard :( . Oh well you have to sometimes and we don't have room for two bucks at the moment.

19. parkinsonfarms

May 10, 2011
    Maysville, Missouri
    Okay so Doll wasn't bred to Bam Bam Because she was taken to my friends and breed to her registered 100% Boer buck named Orion who throws spotted babies. My doe, Coco, however has been bred to Bam Bam. I'm hoping it took. Anyway my mom insisted that we go to the place we bought him and get his son. A buckling that was born June 18th. he is a bottle baby because his dam Died. We are now bottle feeding him. His name is Mozzie. He looks a lot like his dad even has his eyes but one side of his head/neck is poka dotted. He's so cute!!

20. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Aw..he sounds cute...sorry for the loss of his momma... :(