Critique this doe!

Discussion in 'Goat Conformation' started by Kbarson, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Kbarson

Kbarson Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Purebred nubian yearling. I’m home alone so this is the best I can do photo wise! She doesn’t dip in the chine, she was scrunched up cus she was mad at me IMG_2277.jpg

2. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    I suck at critiquing but she is very pretty, usually when people post critiques I slip in and critique for mineral deficiencies :haha:

She looks very healthy, though, beautiful girl!!

May I ask for a better photo of her hooves and pasterns? The deep bedding in the ground makes it difficult to see her shape.

3. Ashlynn

Ashlynn Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    I’m not as good at judging Nubians as I am with Alpine, Lamanchas, and Nigerians but others will help soon. She looks healthy. I know you said you might not be able to get more pictures, but a helpful angle would be from the rear to see her width.

Goataddict and Moers kiko boars like this.
  4. Kass

Kass Active Member

Apr 26, 2020
    Lisbon Falls ME
  5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Pretty Doe.

Hopefully someone will jump in and help you.

Kass likes this.
  6. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
  7. R.Williamson

R.Williamson Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2019
    South Carolina
    I do not now enough about Nubians to give a helpful critique. I can say I like her color.

8. Ranger1

Ranger1 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2014
    She looks like an awkward yearling to me. As she matures her back and rump should level some, but she’s probably never going to be stellar in those areas. Front end looks okay, with nice, clean, sharp withers, but her legs are too far forward and she doesn’t have good brisket extension. Good depth for a yearling. Legs and pasterns look like and strong.