The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First freshener, three weeks fresh :) she's dam raising so her production hasn't been pushed. This ten hour fill was the first time she's been separated from her kid for a show.
IMG_0545.jpg
IMG_0549.jpg

·
Registered
188 Posts
I like the size and placement of the teats, although they could be pointing a bit more inward for ease of milking, but that may be only relevant for handmilking.
Otherwise beautiful, would maybe want the bag a bit lower but that's my personal preference since dirt can get stuck in the fold by the front attachment point.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Beautiful, in my opinion. Having hand milked, I do think it will be extremely easy with such an udder and teats. I like it when udders do not hang. The teats even have a little grip for the milker's hands!

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
From the very little that I know, she has really good rear attachment, front could be better. Teats look ideal, to someone who has never milked.
If you push her too much for capacity, you may not like what happens, to me she doesn't look wide enough across hips to get large capacity.
I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT. ONLY WHAT I HAVE LEARNED ON HERE, SO DO NOT TAKE MY WORDS TO HEART.
Anyone with more knowledge, please correct me!

Reactions: Trollmor

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!! I’ve been told that her foreudder will smooth out with another freshening, how true is that? The guy who told me has been breeding for ten years but he breed la manchas. I don’t know if it’s different for different breeds

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
She's got a good, strong, medial and a nice, high, wide arch.
Her fore udder extension is not great.
See, I did try. I will learn more before trying this again. Thank you.

·
Goat Crazy!
6,475 Posts
I have does with imperfect foreudder attachments. They DO improve with subsequent kiddings, but they will never be perfect. However, you can breed her to a buck whose dam &sisters have a good foreudder and hopefully improve the attachment in the kids.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts