The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Florence she is a two year old doe, she's my favorite so I was wondering what you all think of her. I would love to hear the pros and cons of her thanks!

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I wanna see pretty Nubian Lady.... It isn't an addiction or anything....

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I think she looks good, I am too much of a newbie to be qualified to critique but she is pretty and looks good to me.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think she looks good, I am too much of a newbie to be qualified to critique but she is pretty and looks good to me.
Well that's the most important thing, if they're pretty or not!! (; Cuz if they aren't then that's not a good thing lol!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
She's nice!

Pros:
Nice rear leg angulation.
Brisket and withers look nice.
For udder looks fairly good.
Teat size and placement are nice.

Con's:
Kinda steep rump.
She looks to muscled for me in her front shoulder area. IDK what it is, it just looks odd?

·
city-turned-country girl
1,137 Posts
Weeeelll, I'll give it a go, although I'll probably be wrong :rolleyes:

*Pretty head
*Neck blends into shoulders well
*Good brisket
*Nice legs
*Good back
*Pretty level rump
I want to say:
*Good body capacity (although I really wouldn't know)
*Looks to have nice sized, well placed teats
*Pocket in fore-udder?

There's my hand at critiquing :) Do you have a pic from behind?

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I could tell you what I like about her, she is big bodied and healthy looking. Her topline is pretty level she doesn't have that steep rump some do. She has a typey face and ears. She looks elegant. what I can see her teats look a uniform size, and a good size, and look to have good placement. I would like to see her from behind. Now again I am a total newbie, so I may be off on all this but it is just what I like about her.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Weeeelll, I'll give it a go, although I'll probably be wrong :rolleyes:

*Pretty head
*Neck blends into shoulders well
*Good brisket
*Nice legs
*Good back
*Pretty level rump
I want to say:
*Good body capacity (although I really wouldn't know)
*Looks to have nice sized, well placed teats
*Pocket in fore-udder?

There's my hand at critiquing :) Do you have a pic from behind?
No we don't, I don't think her udder was full lol! I'm pretty sure if was after being milked out by the way it looks. But when it's full she doesn't have a pocket.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Wow she is beautiful! Very striking in all areas, including color. I agree, though, rump could be a tad bit leveler and I want some more body depth from her. Nothing too bad, but I see a lot of shallow dairy goats around. She is in-between :) Her udder looks pretty too!!

·
1,983 Posts
How old is she and how many freshenings?

I am pretty new to nubians, but I am gaining a love of them fast! I would like to see more depth to her, but that could improve with age. I think she is a very pretty girl.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How old is she and how many freshenings?

I am pretty new to nubians, but I am gaining a love of them fast! I would like to see more depth to her, but that could improve with age. I think she is a very pretty girl.
She's two and two freshening.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow she is beautiful! Very striking in all areas, including color. I agree, though, rump could be a tad bit leveler and I want some more body depth from her. Nothing too bad, but I see a lot of shallow dairy goats around. She is in-between :) Her udder looks pretty too!!
Thanks yeah she is beautiful I just love the picture from when she was a yearling!

image-1349401020.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Well I have decided that I don't like her at all. So you should just give her to me and get her off your hands. ;)

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I think she has really good angulation for her topline. Don't really think she has a steep rump although it could be more flat.
She has a nice Long neck.
I dot believe she has too much muscle in her chest area. I think it looks fine.
She stands pretty and strong to me.

I hope I'm not wrong with all this, lol:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts