The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We made an offer of 105 acres yesterday. We havent heard back yet but I couldnt sleep last night thinking about it all. Hubby said he would build me a barn on a 30 acre patch of woods and pasture for the goats. I couldnt believe it. This land is goat heaven with rocks, ceder trees and a small patch of pasture. There is a hilltop where we want to build our home and it overlooks a huge pond build in a rock quarey and the most breathtaking view I have ever seen, nothing but trees and hilltops as far as the eye can seee. The owner called the pond a lake cause it is 3 +acres big but I think of a lake as being really huge. I hope this all works out. The owner was trying to sell it in 3 large pieces but we wanted it all if we can get the price right. I will be a bundle of nerves till we get this worked out.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes in Tn. and just the next county over. It has been our dream to own 100 acres our entire marriage. We want land so we can run our dogs without fear of them getting run over by a car and so our son can go out and hunt in his own back yard and most of all a place where we can give our children some land to build their own home one day. It may not work out but we are closer to our dream than we have ever been.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well my SIL who is our agent called and they will have an answer today and she thinks we are really close on the price so I am still on edge.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Sounds so wonderful- I hope it works out for you- and I love the adventure of building somehting- it was the most fun I can remember although it was full of stress too. And heck you "pond" would be bigger than my whole place.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea we love building too. We built our first house when we had been married 6 years and then built 3 houses in 5 years. It has been about 12 years scence our last house building venture and I look forward to picking out all the stuff again. Oh today will be such a long day till I find out something.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
it is so much fun when you can design something and make it.

we just finished building the addition and remodeling our house, lots of work but still has its enjoyable parts as well.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well hubby just called and we are within 8 thousand dollars agreeing on a price on the land. I am shaking trying to type this. I am so excited about this and if they agree on our price we will close in 15 days. I can't believe this.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hubby just called and it is ours, we close on the 15th of November. I am so excited. I will get picture as soon as we go back out to the property. I can't believe we are gonna own 105 acres. We only have 5 acres now. Wow I am gonna get lost out there. LOL

1 - 20 of 37 Posts