cross your finger, toes and hooves

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by trob1, Oct 30, 2007.

1. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    We made an offer of 105 acres yesterday. We havent heard back yet but I couldnt sleep last night thinking about it all. Hubby said he would build me a barn on a 30 acre patch of woods and pasture for the goats. I couldnt believe it. This land is goat heaven with rocks, ceder trees and a small patch of pasture. There is a hilltop where we want to build our home and it overlooks a huge pond build in a rock quarey and the most breathtaking view I have ever seen, nothing but trees and hilltops as far as the eye can seee. The owner called the pond a lake cause it is 3 +acres big but I think of a lake as being really huge. I hope this all works out. The owner was trying to sell it in 3 large pieces but we wanted it all if we can get the price right. I will be a bundle of nerves till we get this worked out.

2. Rockytopsis

Rockytopsis New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Heres hopeing right along with you.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh Teresa how exciting, in TN?

I will pray it works out for you and your family, such an awesome opportunity

4. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Yes in Tn. and just the next county over. It has been our dream to own 100 acres our entire marriage. We want land so we can run our dogs without fear of them getting run over by a car and so our son can go out and hunt in his own back yard and most of all a place where we can give our children some land to build their own home one day. It may not work out but we are closer to our dream than we have ever been.

5. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    got them all crossed for you. it sounds like the perfect place. keep us updated.

6. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    ooo...I hope you get it!!!

7. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Well my SIL who is our agent called and they will have an answer today and she thinks we are really close on the price so I am still on edge.

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am praying!

but oh boy you would have to leave that new barn you just built!

9. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Yea but I get to build a new barn and we will make improvements over the last one.

10. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Sounds so wonderful- I hope it works out for you- and I love the adventure of building somehting- it was the most fun I can remember although it was full of stress too. And heck you "pond" would be bigger than my whole place.

11. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Yea we love building too. We built our first house when we had been married 6 years and then built 3 houses in 5 years. It has been about 12 years scence our last house building venture and I look forward to picking out all the stuff again. Oh today will be such a long day till I find out something.

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    it is so much fun when you can design something and make it.

we just finished building the addition and remodeling our house, lots of work but still has its enjoyable parts as well.

13. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Awsome! Hope you get it!!

14. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Well hubby just called and we are within 8 thousand dollars agreeing on a price on the land. I am shaking trying to type this. I am so excited about this and if they agree on our price we will close in 15 days. I can't believe this.

15. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    OH MY OH MY :leap: :leap:

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! WAHOO

16. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    How exciting!! Fingers crossed that you get what you want!!!

17. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    That's great! Good luck!!

18. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Hubby just called and it is ours, we close on the 15th of November. I am so excited. I will get picture as soon as we go back out to the property. I can't believe we are gonna own 105 acres. We only have 5 acres now. Wow I am gonna get lost out there. LOL

19. Rockytopsis

Rockytopsis New Member

Oct 5, 2007
  20. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Congrats!I took a pic of my goat with her hooves crossed for you I'll try and posy it when I get the time but we have a vet vistit tonight.