Cross your fingers please - ** UPDATED 10/23/08**

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by kelebek, Oct 1, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    So I responded to an add on another site for Nigerians - 3 2 year old does, and 2 spring kids that were bottle babies.

They are not registered at the moment - but have registration that can be turned in. They are dirt cheap. I am waiting for pictures right now. The goats are about 2 hours each way from me - but I am getting excited!!! Might have some more registered Nigis to add to the herd!

2. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Re: Cross your fingers please

that would be great Allison...what will Hubby think though??? :?

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

good luck............... :thumbup:

4. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho

toll for crossing fingers: one spotted, tri-colored doeling by Joe Dirt. . . :)

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Thanks Alyssa - :ROFL: Well, I am wondering if he would even notice with everyone out there right now - :ROFL: :ROFL:

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

sonrise - I am really hoping for some nice colored girls - but we will see!!! 5 months to wait! LOL!

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Crossing my fingers for sure!! That would be awesome! Keep us posted!

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

I am still waiting to hear on a few details - but I received these pictures.

The picture of the 3 girls are all 2 year old does - I LOVE the white and black one with the stockings. I guess these girls are a bit skiddish. Then the other is buckling and doeling that were born this spring. I want these two definately if they are infact registered!!!

3 does

[​IMG]

Spring kids (bottle babies)

[​IMG]

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Allison, do you have running water in the barn? What about a shower? Heating blanket?

I only ask because you are surely headed out to sleep there. :slapfloor:

Those goats are really nice. I love the babies,

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Sweetgoats -

I have running water, electricity, oh and a 5th wheel that I can sleep in - right next to my goaties - LOL! Heck I could even pull it into the pen if I really wanted to! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

I have not said ANYTHING to him yet, as I want to find out more about the registration. I think is what happened is she never received the registration from the original owner - which makes me wonder if I am going to have to pay for the papers from the original breeder before any can be registered. If that is the case, I am not going to take them. I don't need an unregistered Nigerian Buck or any more unregistered Nigerian does especially since I already want to keep some of Joe's babies!

11. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Yeah, that sounds a little difficult. I never trust people to send papers, after what happened to us earlier this year. These people seemed really nice and sweet, we bought the doe, gave them our address, NO PAPERS! And it's been 6 months. I emailed and called. They said they were still working on it and apologized. . . . w/e. Never again. :roll: Only person I would really trust to send papers promptly is Anna, she's good about that.

Anways, hope it works out for you to get them!

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

yah - I don't NEED any new goats -that is for sure - but the price I couldn't pass up if there is no additional fees for the papers. SO we will see!

13. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA

Oh wow, beautiful goats ... I especially love the babies !! All those spots !!
    Fingers Crossed for ya ! ;)

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Allison!!! Now if you do get these girls.....are you still going to keep "Dirt Babies" ??? Your hubby must be one heck of a man....mine isn't keen on me having as many as I have!! (9)

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Ok - D-O-N-E~~ I am getting 5 new goaties AS LONG AS the test results come back clean.

I just talked with her on the phone and we are doing the blood work and she even "sweetend" the deal for me!! AND she has all the registration paperwork - all in her name - but never turned in the kids' papers as she was a little confused on the tattooing and some other things. But she is going to give me all the info so that I can get everyone arranged AND she wants to get a Nubian doeling from me when they are born! Whoop Whoop!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

I am completely stoked! AND I have NOT told hubby yet :help: Anyone want to share a fifth wheel with me! LOL!

16. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho

What are their lines, do you know? I will share a fifth wheel with you, Allison!!!

17. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA

My wife might be a little upset if I volunteered, so I won't.
    Congrats on the new goats.

18. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho

:shocked: a little upset bob?

19. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

:cool: :stars: :cool: Congrats!!!! Glad to hear the papers are in order too!!! :ROFL: Just go pick them up put them in the pen and maybe your hub won't even know!! :ROFL: If he asks...you can say...yeah, we've had them the entire time, gosh don't you pay attention to anything!! :wink: They sure are cute!!! I bet he won't be able to resist their cuteness anyway! Show him those bottle babies first! :D

Oh yeah....and don't forget to post pedigrees once you get them!

20. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA

I don't know, after 17 years she may not be able to put up with me anymore. Just kidding. I am going to nominate her for sainthood for putting up with me though.