The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30,676 Posts
Yep..with their tiny ears theres not a lot of air flow..ear gunk builds up...you can give his ears a good message and work it out, most enjoy it. I clean my goats outer ears only when bad..just take an old rag with warm water and use it to message

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Yah one of my LaManchas seems to get it more then my other.. I just rub it off when I notice it.. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok now I am a little concerned it seems like the one year when I massage it, has liquid down in his ear. Infection you think. And he's been like turning his head. What should I do??

·
Super Moderator
58,938 Posts
Do you have a vet or very knowledgeable goat person who can physically look at your goat? Without looking at him, it is so hard to diagnose what is wrong.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
My lamancha has had that issue a few times my vet had me use swimmers ear drops for humans on him but it is good to get your vet to look at it

·
Registered
30,676 Posts
sometimes when lamanchas get a plug of wax messaged out the liquid yuck can follow...does the ear have a bad smell? check his temp..it should be 101.5-103.5 ..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Should I maybe give him some antibiotics? I just list my job Fri and can't afford a vet right now

·
Registered
30,676 Posts
does the ear smell bad? he could just have an excess of wax...if you are concerned its infected then 5 days of penicillin or tylan 200 will help..be sure to do the full course if you start :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no the ear does not smell at all just crusty everyday I clean it out but it keeps coming back

·
Registered
30,676 Posts
sounds normal..some lamanchas produce more crud then others...if it smells then you should worry about infection..keep messaging the ear and cleaning it out until it slows..I never put anything in my goats ears...but if it seems irritated I would use warm olive oil with a drop or two of tea tree oil to sooth the ear..drop one to two drops in the ear and message it well

1 - 13 of 13 Posts