The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Belle Farm
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I adopted a 3 year old doe that came with this problem. On the tips of her ears she has some scaley raised scabs. It looks to me like a fungus of some kind. I've tried getting rid of it and haven't had the best of luck. I have to keep some kind of topical antifungal cream or ointment on it to keep it under control. I have to scrape off the scabs and apply the ointment. It has now migrated to her udder. She is very cranky now when I try to milk her, understandably. I'm sure it is very uncomfortable. Has anybody ever had this type of problem? I'm pretty new to raising goats so this is the first case I have seen like it. Any help to completely get rid of it would really be appreciated. I've used a product called Krudzapper and it seemed to work, but I ran out of it and have some more on order.

·
The Belle Farm
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your information. She has also had a cough and I was told that treating with Ivomec usually gets rid of the cough. Her cough is gone now. I couldn't remember what rate on the oral Ivomec, but I was doing whatever the box said for goats. I'll have to check that when I get home. I'll try the injection. Thanks again. Any info is greatly appreciated since I am just learning how to care for these wonderful creatures.

·
Premium Member
15,205 Posts
Does she have pink skin on her ears? It's late in the year for sunburning, but I had a few this year that got sunburned and were scabby on their ears for some time. I have one doeling who is still scabby from being sunburned awhile ago, but it's slowly healing.

·
Super Moderator
32,281 Posts
SUB Q....its less painful...injecting Ivomec is 1 cc per 40#..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts