The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so does this come from the dam or sire or both? can it skip a lot of generations? I know of someone whos doe had twins, doeling and buckling. buckling was cryptochid.

dams side for the last four generations never had one but the dams sire did "produce" a few kids with teat spurs in his career(this does sibling produced two kids with teat spurs). the sire is young and this is his first year. his dam is also a first fresher but his sire never produced any faults neither did his dams dam. i havent found out about the next generations.

curious if this is related to teat issues?

·
Super Moderator
32,158 Posts
Can be from either parent or both. Not sure if that could be related to the teat issue or not but both are faults and I would not get kids from either parent.

Reactions: MadHouse

·
Registered
The Monkhood
3,077 Posts
Both of the faults, split teat and cryptorchidism are influenced by genetics somewhere in the gene pool. Just because a particular animal is not showing physical signs, if these traits are known to be in earlier generations, there are chances it will continue to reoccur throughout that bloodline.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i have been learning alot about teat issues but also learned its in many lines of nigerian dwarfs. i just didnt know much about the cryporchidism. is it always genetic or any way of it being some other cause?

·
Super Moderator
32,158 Posts
From what I understand..its genetic

Reactions: MadHouse

·
Super Moderator
32,158 Posts
Yes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts