Curious

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by newtopygmies, Aug 10, 2010.

1. newtopygmies

newtopygmies New Member

May 26, 2010
    ashville alabama
    Am I the only male on this forum? Are goats just for girls? I love my goats. Am I weird?

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    LOL...No, you're not "wierd" at all! There are other guys on the forum but I think that most are busy doing what the "girls" in their lives want them to do :wink:

I personally give my hubby a to do list when summer hits...lol, it's not always accomplished but he stays busy!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with Liz ...there are... other men here....no worries..... it means... your a good man ...... you are not weird......... what so ever.... :thumb: :greengrin: :wink: :hi5:

4. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    My husband is the one who got me into goats :) But he doesn't post here, like what Liz said - he's always doing what I want or wish he might do, or watching tv LOL!!!

5. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Have no fear I am one of the other men on here....I used to wonder the same thing so I went threw the face pictures on here to see if there were any more guys. I only found a couple but that was good enough for me.

6. Chi Chi

Chi Chi New Member

Mar 7, 2010
    My husband was the one who got me into goats as well. He spends a lot of time with them and loves to watch them run and play. Heck my 19 year old son goes out to the goat barn to see the goaties before heading into the house. The goats are spoiled by all here!

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    there are others -- they just dont post as much. We girls are much more chatty

8. newtopygmies

newtopygmies New Member

May 26, 2010
    ashville alabama
    I feel much better. I was begining to wonder.

Now I want baby goats :oops:

9. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

me too but I really just want my goats to breed right now I am kinda worried my buck is too young he is 8 months and not really interested with the girls

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ah give him time -- once those girls go into heat he should get the idea ;)

I had a buck who showed no interest and the doe was in raging heat. The owner was like - he is ignoring her. well the doe came up pregnant :p

11. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Ok well we will see I just want babies because I am tired of buying them. And the kids need some for the fair next year.

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    He should get the job done unless he is missing equipment :p

and didnt you had some born this year though?

13. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Yeah we had some born in January and February but sold the wethers at the fair.....This is a different buck....I bought the does already bred.

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    when is your fair? = when do you need the does bred by?

15. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    My D.H. has a saying: "A man among men is the life for me, but a man among women I'd rather be...."

Post away please. No offense ladies but sometimes we need the testosterone opinion on occasion :)

16. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I like your DH's way of thinking :wink:

Absolutely..we need to have a guy's objective so post away as much as you want!

17. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    :slapfloor: I thought you were a female. (sorry) I was going to ask you (since you live in Alabama) If you had ever been to the quilt shop in Ashville or if you wanted to go sometime. ha ha. Hubby thinks it's cool we have some men on here. Now he want's to know if you want to go fishing at the dam sometime. :doh:

Gina & Yung

18. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Stacey
    The fair is in July but I would like January babies so there is still hope but I can deal with feb. babies but if it gets to march then they have no real chance of winning even though thats not the only reason we are in it but it would be nice.

19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    are your does cycling this time of year?

20. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I have noticed lite heats but they arent real strong so I just put the buck in with the does and we will see if I get a suprize which sucks because I like to know the exact day but it is better then missing the cycle and having to wait another 21 days.