The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
We currently have three mini Nubians, and we have reservations on an Alpine in milk and a full Nubian doeling in April/May. We drink the milk, make our own cheese, and make soap (which I'll probably start selling this summer).

By the way, it's great you're getting your goat a friend. They do much better with other goats to hang out with :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
6 does - 1 nubian, 3 nubian/boer crosses, 2 boer - 1 boer buck....2 were bred very late due May and the other (old goat) due in Aug...and now 9 kids...3 on reserve...

We use the milk, and kids that don't sell go for meat...

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have 4 Nigerian Dwarf/Pygmy cross does, 1 PB ND doe, and 2 PB ND bucks. We use them to clear under brush and keep the weeds down in our pastures. If we end up with too many bucks/wethers out of the crosses, they will be meat. I also use them to train my stockdogs.

·
14,456 Posts
Ummmm, I keep losing count! :laugh:

I think 13, with 3 does kidding in the next month.

All Nigerian Dwarf, for milk (and yogurt and ice cream and cheese and soap, etc)
They keep moving so I lose count too.:hammer: Once I counted 12. A few days later it was 14. And no one has kidded yet.
You should ask them, they use me!

·
PygmyMom
370 Posts
Currently I have two pygmy does, One ND doe, one pygmy/fainter cross wether, one pygmy/ND yearling, two newborn pygmy/ND cross doelings and one Pygmy/ND cross buck. So eight goats. Why? Because "Hi, my name is Clorissa and I am a goat-aholic. It has been 40 days since I brought home my last goat". :) lol!

·
Registered
525 Posts
25... somehow the number keeps going up...

1 lamancha and 4 % boers for comedic relief. 18 pygmy does and 2 pygmy bucks for showing, breeding, and loving :D (Also for 4H projects with local 4Hers and the 'betterment of the pygmy goat breed' or something. At least that's my argument every time I bring a new one home!)

·
Briawell6293
1,835 Posts
I have 3 boer does, 1 boer x something rescue doe, 10 australian mini does, 1 mixed breed wether, 2 mini bucks :)
Reason?? Umm well... Haha because I love them! They were bought as weed control but ended up helping me through a really hard time in my life now I couldn't live with out them! What started as 4 has grown! They help me through each day so my mom doesn't mind :D

·
Registered
718 Posts
2 alpine bucks 7 alpine does (6 yet to kid) 3 alpine x does (2 yet to kid) a boer x doe (yet to kid) 2 wethers (for meat) 1 doeling and 1 buckling (going on 3 weeks) I sell most of my kids and milk the mothers. I make cheese butter soap and lotion all with goats milk and not to forget the ICE CREAM.

Make that 1 alpine x yet to deliver and 2 more bucklings and another doeling.

·
also known as Mayia real life Cheri
1,668 Posts
It is not my fault the number increases, people give them to me and I can't say no to a free goat that needs love. 17 I think and most are rescues - milk them make cheese and soap

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I have 3, with 2 mini lamancha doelings to come in the summer. They are just for my enjoyment right now. I plan on milking one of the ones I have and the two new ones eventually.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
I have 8. 1 oberhasli buck, 1 Saanen buck, 2 oberhasli bucklings (1 will be wethered) 2 oberhasli does, 1 Saanen/ober cross doe, 1 Nubian doe. Mine are used for milking, pets, & brush/grass eaters.

·
4,328 Posts
I have one boer buck, a boer wether, an ND wether, 2 ND does, a La Mancha doe, a mini Mancha doe, an alpine/lamancha doe, a saanen/boer doe, a boer doe, and currently 4 babies with more coming this week :)
I use the milk and meat and sell most babies.

Sent from my iPhone using Goat Forum

1 - 20 of 31 Posts