Current Bucks

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by NubianLover, Mar 27, 2011.

1. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    I am currently debating selling my current bucks and purchasing a couple new bucks.... I still don't understand a whole lot about conformation so was wondering what you all thought.

Ok, this is Buster's yearling photo that I got when I purchased him. I don't have a new photo as I don't have anyone to hold my goats at the moment and they are all too friendly to make them stand far enough away. He is now 2 years old.
    [​IMG]

This is Dexter's 6 month old photo. He just turned a year old. Also, what color is he considered?
    [​IMG]

I am sorry I don't have better photos of them. Thank you for any opinions.

2. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio
    Sorry, cant help you with his coloring, but its pretty. Anyway, on conformation, I think newer pics might help but this is what I can tell from these. Buster seems to be short bodied and I would want to see a longer leveler top line, as his butt is higher than his withers (the withers should be slightly higher than the rump, giving them an up hill look). His pasterns are pretty straight but they should probably be shorter. He could have a better chest but its not too bad.

Now for Dexter. He seems to be slightly longer bodied than Buster but he does not have a very good chest. He could also be leveler along his top. His pasterns should be a bit shorter but they don't look broken down. From the pic it looks like he has less depth than Buster. Both bucks seem to have pretty well shaped ears and nice roman noses.

Hope this helps a little :)