The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an only goat wich I know is a huge no no but she's happy enough with her duck pals the thing is I'm getting the itch for a fainting goat but I am afraid to put any other goats with this doe :( when we first got her we had a very old but healthy pigmy doe who within a month of this new goat coming died , then this new doe kidded two lovely healthy vigorous doelings who died suddenly within two days of eachother when they were a couple months old , after a couple months my family decided this goat was lonely and they brought home a healthy doe who got along well with this goat and then about two months later out of the blue died ..we are all heart broken and confused :confused: as our vet has even seen this doe and says all is well with her , any ideas guys ?

·
Super Moderator
83,152 Posts
Sounds like possible worms and/or cocci issues.
Or some other disease type problems.
Anemia from some of these things will kills them as well as cocci and worms.

Having them tested after they die, will give you answers.
But, getting a fecal on them while they are alive, may help so they can get treatment and not parish.

I don't think it is a cursed Doe. She may have a stronger system for fighting off these things.

I am so sorry for your losses. :(

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
When new goats are brought onto the farm, they are not as immune to the new farm's bacteria and worms. That, plus the stress of moving, often causes wormload. Next goat you get, be sure to get a fecal on her, and deworm her, as well as offer her probios her first days settling in. :) I am very sorry for such hard experiences.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have always had a couple goats around and never ever had issues like this but I worry that its not good for her to be alone , could a vet pull blood and do a fecal on her to help pin point an issue ? would any of that be benificial to her ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts