The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tool do you use to cut cattle panel and hog panel? I'm sure my wire cutters won't get the job done...

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
What tool do you use to cut cattle panel and hog panel? I'm sure my wire cutters won't get the job done...
A 4 1/2 inch angle grinder with a metal cut off wheel. Mine from walmart.
Tool Bicycle part Camera accessory Machine Auto part

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What size bolt cutter does it need?

·
Registered
8,650 Posts
That depends on how much muscle YOU can supply. The larger the bolt cutter, the easier it is to use them, because the handles are levers. The longer the lever, the more force is applied per unit of effort.

I wouldn't willingly go less than 14 inches. My favourite is 36 inches.

Again, the smaller the bolt cutter, the more force YOU have to supply. If it is just a snip here and there, small is fine. If it is an entire fenceline, then larger is better.

I hope this makes sense. It's all a matter of the tool doing the work, and being really bulky, or you doing the work and the tool being cute and small. I want the tool to do the work...

Reactions: Trollmor

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maria, that makes perfect sense. I want the tool to do the work, so I don’t aggravate my carpel tunnel syndrome, so I’ll see if I can get a 36”

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dwarf Dad, someday I’ll graduate to a angle grinder! I’ve only got 2 cuts for this project...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dwarf Dad, a welder’s face shield or something less substantial?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts