Cuzco's Glamour Shot o' the Day

Discussion in 'Pack and Working Goats' started by Nanno, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Nanno

Nanno New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Rye, CO
    Aw, that's funny, Idahonancy!

So, since I have no photos for today, I figure I might as well post the video Phil and I made with Nibbles in the bathtub. It probably won't make much sense to anyone here since it's about a videogame, but Nibbles is always cute to look at. ;)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H7lxA8GHdo[/ame]

My favorite YouTube comment: "I love goat."

2. feederseaters

feederseaters Senior Member

Nov 8, 2009
    :lol: I LOVE IT!

I had to bathe and blowdry my goat Birch for weeks in the middle of the winter last year because of a ringworm outbreak. Poor boy almost went bald but, like Nibbles....he seemed to like all the fawning over him.

3. feederseaters

feederseaters Senior Member

Nov 8, 2009
    [youtube:2whe9bkk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFbFM9DGSTI[/youtube:2whe9bkk]

This is Birch getting his daily (ringworm) spa treatment.

4. Charlie Horse

Charlie Horse Active Member Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2012
    So is that your son or relative's project or something? Galcon2? Put the goat vid on the kickstarter page. People love animals.

That goat-- she's so well behaved! I wonder what mine would think of a bath. Tina, my old Saanan hated it but didn't fight it too much. She was white, so she looked very nice after a bath. None of my others have ever had a bath, but its been so cold lately that they've been peeing in their goat house rather than go out to do it. They all smell a bit goatish. They need a bath.

5. Nanno

Nanno New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Rye, CO
    Galcon 2 is my husband's project. He made Galcon in 2006, then ported to the iPhone in 2008, where he beat out the big developers by having the first multi-player game to the iPhone market. But it's been a few years since then, and it's time for a new version. Phil is running a Kickstarter project in part to see how much interest is out there before he takes a lot of time coding it.

I've found that as long as I use warm water, the goats really don't mind getting bathed. In fact, Cuzco loves eating the suds. Nibbles was pretty well behaved for most of this video, but we do have a few bloopers which we're going to compile in the next few days, along with bloopers from some of the other videos we made. We made a pretty funny teaser trailer back in November before launching the Kickstarter project that involved gluing a horn to my horse's head. Good thing Jet is very patient about this sort of thing!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wq2gXikloo[/ame]

Oh, and Feederseaters, Cuzco LOVES the blow dryer! It's his favorite part of getting a bath every spring. Looks like your fella loves it too. :)

6. Nanno

Nanno New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Rye, CO
    So, our lives have been pretty much taken up by this Kickstarter project for the last few weeks. It finally ended last Monday, and I have to say that our goaties helped make this thing successful. Phil did a fireside chat with Lilly a couple of days before the end, and suddenly everyone was throwing money at his project. Go Lilly!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXDsiuAjxxQ[/ame]

Best comment on this video: "What kind of dog is that?"

New best comment on Nibbles' bath video: "You are washing a goat. Take all my money!"

:lol:

7. Taffy

Taffy New Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Washington State
    Lilly look so content! She barely moved! What a wonderful life she has!

8. Nanno

Nanno New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Rye, CO
    Nibbles and Lilly both love this little "Dogloo". I'm going to search Craigslist and see if I can get a few more of these things used. They'll be perfect for babies.
    View attachment 1242

I was disappointed that Nibbles came into heat again the other day, so we took her up to get bred again.

Cuzco is going to be one cranky old fart when baby goats take over his life!

Attached Files:

9. Nanno

Nanno New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Rye, CO
    I haven't posted any photos in quite some time, but I took a ton of them today so now I don't quite know where to start. Maybe it's time to get back to the basics. After all, whose thread is this anyway? I took a bunch of shots of Cuzco as he was lounging in one of his favorite spots. He always looks like such a monarch, sitting up there on his hilltop, surveying his domain with a critical eye. I tried several times to get him to look at me, but I was clearly not important enough to deserve so much as a cursory glance. I call this collection "Portrait of an Old Goat".

View attachment 1245
    View attachment 1246
    View attachment 1247
    View attachment 1248
    View attachment 1249
    View attachment 1250

Attached Files:

10. TDG-Farms

TDG-Farms Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State

Jul 12, 2013
    and whats the song that popped into my head? Its a one eyed, one horned, flying purple people eater... hehe

11. Nanno

Nanno New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Rye, CO
    Well then, Dave, this video is for you!
    [ame]http://vimeo.com/7789950[/ame]

I posted it somewhere on this site a long time ago, but that was before you joined. I made this in 2009 when my colt, Skokie, was about 2 months old.

I had some heart-to-heart talks with Cuzco a couple of years later when he would come in from the pasture on three legs and with chunks torn out of his hide: "You know, Cuzco, the problem with making enemies of a baby horse is that one day he will bigger. MUCH bigger. And you'll wish you'd made friends when you had the opportunity."

I was really afraid Cuzco might not survive Skokie's 2-year-old phase, but I can't say he didn't ask for it. Skokie tried really hard to befriend Cuzco during that first year, but he was soundly rebuffed at every turn.

"Well Cuzco, what goes around comes around."

12. Nanno

Nanno New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Rye, CO
    We had pumpkin pancakes at Thanksgiving, and they were very yummy. But I forgot to use up the left-over pumpkin and didn't find it till sometime after Christmas (eeeewwww!). Nibbles thought the fuzzy green stuff on top looked festive.

But it wasn't as festive as the end of her greedy little nose.
    View attachment 1267
    View attachment 1265
    View attachment 1266

Lilly wanted some moldy pumpkin for her nose too, but this is where it ended up instead, thanks to Nibbles' habit of biting Lilly's ears whenever there is a confrontation over food.
    View attachment 1264

Attached Files:

13. Nanno

Nanno New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Rye, CO
    It's time to talk about Lilly, the class clown. This little sweetheart has wormed her way into my affections in ways I never thought a goat could do. While she'll probably never win any awards for impressive size or conformation, if she were human she would be the envy of every woman in America. This would be the girl we'd all hate because she could down three cheeseburgers and half a pizza every day and still fit in size 2 jeans.
    View attachment 1269
    Even though Lilly gets three all-you-can eat meals of grain a day and 24-hour access to hay, she stays thin as a rail. Yet I'm convinced she's not unhealthy because she's been thoroughly wormed and I've never seen a brighter eye or a springier step. She doesn't walk anywhere--she runs. No, more correctly, she streaks. She's our "Flash Gordon" goat who is here one second and 100 yards away the next. Be it the house or the truck, no door is safe. Any time one opens even a crack, Lilly is already jumping on it, even if she was on the other side of the yard before you blinked. If I were in the racing goat business, Lilly would be my prize filly. Lilly has also been honing her Ninja skills. She has a habit of running up the wall of the house and doing backflips off it. I wonder if Phil has been letting her watch Kung Fu movies?

But while she is a little ball of energy most of the time, Lilly also loves the quiet moments. If I'm chopping firewood and I sit down on a stump for a few minutes' break, Lilly is in my lap with her head on my chest before I'm even settled. And she would likely stay there for hours if I let her. She's a pure sweetheart, no two ways about it.
    View attachment 1270

Attached Files:

14. Nanno

Nanno New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Rye, CO
    Nibbles got bred last month, which she was very excited about... more excited than the buck. He was a laid-back kinda guy and she started swatting at him and biting his ears when he wouldn't get down to business right away. This is the fella we bred her to.
    View attachment 1275
    He's about 18 months old, and the only thing I'm not sure I cared for were his small feet and long pasterns. But I think his feet just haven't caught up to him yet. Colts usually go through a stage after a growth spurt where they look like they've got teacup feet until the slower-growing hooves finally catch up to the rest of them. Hopefully that's the case here. Even if it's not, Nibbles has very nice feet and really short pasterns so maybe she'll balance him out. Ain't nobody perfect!

Nibbles made a scene at the gas station on the way to the breeding. She decided to jump from the roof of her igloo to the roof of my truck.
    View attachment 1276
    Then she pulled a rude face at me when I tried to get her to come down.
    View attachment 1277
    Eventually, after a good bit of coaxing and wheedling, she slid down the windshield onto the hood where I could reach her. Nibbles was disappointed when I moved the igloo further back to where she could no longer use it as a springboard to higher places.

Attached Files:

15. idahonancy

idahonancy Member Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Idaho North
    The buck has great color and if he has an easy going temperament that is darn near perfect.

16. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Member

Aug 21, 2009
    When I first got my goats I had old cars in the pen that they could play on... Well, actually I put the goats on the back lot where I had old cars. But they were happy to climb and jump on them all day.

I realized this was not a good idea the first time I let them out of the minivan in the parking lot at the trail head.

In situations like that you rely on your experience as the parent of teenagers. "Who do they belong to?" ... "I have no idea."

The problem is that they follow you down the trail even if they are not on leads.... So you yell "Help.. I am being attacked by a herd of wild mountain goats"while you run off down the trail.

17. Nanno

Nanno New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Rye, CO
    It's a good time of year to post pictures of goats in coats! Nibbles loves to wear a blanket and she always keeps hers neat and clean and properly in place.
    View attachment 1305

Lilly has a very different opinion of blankets. Here is a rare shot where it's still on properly. Usually by morning she has at least one leg through the neck hole or no blanket at all, and she somehow always manages to pee on it even if it's still on. She's managed to open or tear off most of the buckles at one time or another. Good thing I know how to sew!
    View attachment 1306

Cuzco is picky about coats, but he loves this one and keeps it neat accordingly.
    View attachment 1307

Cuzco was not always so good to his blankets. There's hope for Lilly yet!
    View attachment 1308
    View attachment 1309

Attached Files:

18. TDG-Farms

TDG-Farms Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State

Jul 12, 2013
    Looks like a giant goat moth got to that red coat :)

19. ryorkies

ryorkies New Member

May 4, 2010
    Nanno: The photos are there for me. They are really big. So I got up close and personal with Cusco.
    LOL
    Just wanted you to know what I was seeing. And kick this thread to the top.

20. Taffy

Taffy New Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Washington State
    Yahoo! Cuzco is back!

I am so happy to see Cuzco and his friend's are back on the Forum! I've missed his stories and photos.