The Goat Spot Forum banner

Cydectin dosage???

6K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  erica4481 
#1 ·
I got a fecal done on Posie while at the vet getting her horn fixed. He said he seen a few eggs and gave me cydectin to treat her with. But he is quite old and seemed a little unsure about the dosage. He weighed her and she weighs 62 lbs but he gave me a 12 cc dose to give her but I just want to make sure that is the correct dosage before I give it to her. I usually treat with ivermectin1% orally so I don't know anything about cydectin.

#2 ·
I use it as a pour on at 1cc per 22lbs, or 5cc per 110lbs. Most people use it orally put I dont. For me I use it as it was intended, it works as a pour so I use it as a pour on. It still kills the worms either way. I've used it on 2 week old kids and up, pregnant does, everything.
Lots of people say it causes abortions, but I've never had that happen, and a lady I know used it on 45 bred boer does, not one aborted.

#6 ·
Everything I've read has a different dosage . So confusing. I didn't want to call back to the vet to ask but I did. I told him that seemed like alot to me. But he explained it. He said the dosage for sheep is 1 ml per 11 lbs and that it should be doubled for goats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.