Cydectin wormer

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by raznboersnkids, Oct 12, 2007.

1. raznboersnkids

raznboersnkids New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Northeast Louisiana
    I have been using ivomec for a couple years and its time to switch. I bought a bottle of cydectin. I have my dosage but I have ?s as I have not used this on my goats.

1. Is it safe for expecting does?
    2. Does it need to be given by a certain week of pregnancy?
    3. What all goat parasites does it take care of?
    4. Do I still need to do a 2 week follow up with safeguard for the tapeworms?

anyone that uses this any information you could pass to me would be appreciated.

2. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    The dosage said 1 cc per 20 lbs..

I think U are suppose to give them first time then wait for 10 days then do it again.. That what I heard. Some people would use one time then wait for 5 days then use something different then wait for 5 days then go back the 1st one. They said it works good. So I dont know..

3. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    1cc per 20#
    Okay for pregnant goats, does NOT take care of tapeworms. Once you worm with it, worm again in 7 - 10 days. Check out the sticky in this forum.
    Safeguard for tapeworm.

4. raznboersnkids

raznboersnkids New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Northeast Louisiana
    ok thanks that helps me out

5. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    hhhmmm.... The Cydectin that my vet gave me to use is 1cc per 11lbs.
    And like they said I would definitely worm a second time after 7-10 days.

6. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    When worming our adults does, who are mostly around 150#, we give 10cc. So they are getting 1cc per 15#. Don't go any less than 1cc per 20#. The main point, don't underdose. The 11# does seem an odd number to use.

7. Rockytopsis

Rockytopsis New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    While 1cc per 11 pounds does seem like a lot of wormer, we give our does who are about 150 lb 15cc of cydectin which is 1cc per 10 pounds.

The dosage on the box says 1cc per 22 pounds and our Vet. told us to up it to the 1-10 ratio.