Cystic? Metritis?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by lottsagoats1, Nov 28, 2020.

1. lottsagoats1

lottsagoats1 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Middle Maine
    I have a 2nd freshener, just finishing up her 2nd freshening. Easily bred the first 2 times, 21 day heat cycle. Kidded easily on her own- no assistance needed.

This fall, she came in heat in September and has not gone out of heat since! Stands for the buck, flirts, lots of clear mucus discharge. No signs of an infection either post kidding or now. The buck is a 2 year old who has successfully settled those does he was bred to this year and last year- so I know it's not the buck.

Thinking she was cystic, I treated her twice with cystorelin, using the last of it, a month ago. I currently have no vet, as my long time vet had to retire to help care for his wife with dementia. NO ceasing of her heat and she is still in heat!

Cystic? Metritis? Any ideas? Any herbs that may help regulate her cycle?

I usually hand breed, but the last 2 times I penned her with the buck for several hours and witnessed numerous successful breedings by the buck.

And still she remains in heat.

I read another post from someone with a sort of similar issue.

This doe is a sweetheart, well bred and a super milker. Of course, it's usually the good ones.

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can you get lute from someone? You can try giving a week of penicillin and then the last 2 days, give a shot of lute too. So 7 days of twice a day penicillin shots and 2 days in a row of lute.

toth boer goats likes this.

3. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Have you checked for mineral deficiencies?

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. lottsagoats1

lottsagoats1 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Middle Maine
    They get loose minerals (Kent goat or Sweelix, which ever the feed store has in stock that day) plus Replamin.

I have some Lute left, I'll give that a shot. Thanks