The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I washed her eyes yesterday thinking it was just dust but if it keeps coming back idk what to do my mom says put colloidal silver on it but idk

·
Super Moderator
82,257 Posts
If you can smell urine strong in the barn that can cause this.

If it is dusty can cause this.

Having a cold in the eyes, can also be an issue, you can put penG in the eye with a syringe, no needle, drip a few drops in there, 2 x a day for 4-5 days will help.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
If you can smell urine strong in the barn that can cause this.

If it is dusty can cause this.

Having a cold in the eyes, can also be an issue, you can put penG in the eye with a syringe, no needle, drip a few drops in there, 2 x a day for 4-5 days will help.
ok cool thank you it must be dusty because we have been getting a lot of wind lately and I clean out they're barn as much as possible so it doesn't smell like pee in there I try to keep an eye on it

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I just got 2 bottle babies and they both have flem it sounds like and one had a yellow like discharge coming out of his butt does anyone know how I can help theses babies and if the yellow discharge is something I should be worried about

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Get a rectal temperature on both to see if they are running a fever. Normal temp is 101.5 - 103.5 *F

How old are they? How much do they weigh? Are they on whole cows milk bottles?
They are 2 weeks old and I don't know how much they weigh I got them last night and no they are on Kids milk replacer that's what my dad bought for them

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
You need to be able to weigh them so that you know how much to feed them in the bottles. Which breed are they? Check them carefully for lice. Are you able to post photos?

Which brand is the replacer?

Get temperatures ASAP.

Did the breeder say if the kids had gotten any medications at all?

Mucous in the poop can be a sign of ecoli infection but let's see if they have normal milk poops and normal temperatures first.

Offer hay, a bucket of water, and a pan of grower pellet grain for them 24/7 in addition to bottles.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
You need to be able to weigh them so that you know how much to feed them in the bottles. Which breed are they? Check them carefully for lice. Are you able to post photos?

Which brand is the replacer?

Get temperatures ASAP.

Did the breeder say if the kids had gotten any medications at all?

Mucous in the poop can be a sign of ecoli infection but let's see if they have normal milk poops and normal temperatures first.

Offer hay, a bucket of water, and a pan of grower pellet grain for them 24/7 in addition to bottles.
I got the temps sorry for wait I havent been able to get to my computer ones temp is at 103.6 and the other is at 105.2

21 - 40 of 41 Posts