The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daffy and I took a walk around outside this evening. She is almost back to pooping berries. The pellets look like berries that someone has mashed together but they are still holding together as a solid pill. I figure we will have true berries by tomorrow.
Anyway, I just turned her loose and she and I walked around the property together a little. Nothing major, but she seemed to enjoy it and I know I did. She had to investigate everything. I allowed her to eat a few briar vine leaves and a couple black berry vine leaves and a couple of weeds she found particularly interesting.
She stayed right with me better than a dog would have. I think she is going to be my buddy if she makes it through all this. She seems to me to be very intelligent almost an old soul in a little baby goat body. Anyway just thought I would share my evening with my little precious girlie. :kidred:

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't take any. I didn't have my phone outside with me. I did think about it while I was out there with her, but I didn't want to break the spell going inside to get the phone. you've seen her pics from when she was a baby baby haven't you? I think I posted them when I first started but if not I can post those again.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
yes, I've seen pictures. but......can never see too many pictures of Nubians, can you???

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No you can't!! I couldn't remember for sure if I posted hers alone of just the one of her with the other two boys.
To be honest she also looks rough to me right now. This illness took a lot out of her. she only weighed 14.8 pounds at the vets office. She is still really small and I believe she will probably always be stunted now. When I got her I knew nothing really and even then when she was healthy my mentor that lives here close said she was small and that she would wait til she was 2 to breed her because she was so small.
Her coat looks rough right now, and she is still thin, but she does look like she is plumping up. She is very bright eyed and happy acting lately.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
here is one I haven't posted before, it is later than those first pics, but before she got sick.
Why didn't that work?

·
Registered
31,515 Posts
so glad she id doing better...a real cutie!!

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Thats great to hear she is doing better :) She has the most adorable face !
Gotta love those ears , lolol. I can totally relate to your feeling of not wanting to break the spell ! Sometimes these moments arent meant to be remembered any other way but in your heart ;)

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She's my baby. :)
I just noticed someone is giving away an adult pygmy doe in the classifieds in our local paper. I wonder if I should get it just as a companion for Daffodil, but then I don't want to bring home any new bugs either. I guess I will wait. I think when I get another I am going to get an adult Nubian doe. Maybe one in milk if I really get lucky. I probably won't get that lucky though.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a feeling it will probably be next spring before she gets a friend. Welp, I better go to bed before I turn into a gourd...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts